Skip navigation
thhurli
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Quicktime Export leaves artifacts

Jan 6, 2012 1:14 AM

I have a simple frame per frame based animation of graphical objects with audio. When I export it as Quicktime Movie I always get artifacts from moving objects left behind. For example a simple blue circle on white ground, leaves parts of the circle behind and parts of the background inside the circle.

I have tried every possible option (compressed as Animation, H264, uncompressed, double framerate etc.) in Flash Mac CS4 and its always the same problem. Now I thought this bug would be fixed in Mac CS5 or CS 5.5 but no, its still the same.

Anyone else having that problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2012 11:02 PM   in reply to thhurli

Yep. Having the exact same problem. Fun huh!?!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 11:11 PM   in reply to REELArts

Sure. And the real fun begins when you find such bugs in CS4 programs, purchase the upgrade to 5.5 and still find the same bugs, right there besides all the new shiny features you do not need.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 11:17 PM   in reply to thumahawk

I just tried something that worked, believe it or not. I was exporting at 17fps, then tried 16, 18, but no fix. At 25fps it exported fine. Much faster than I want, but I can work around it I guess.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 11:20 PM   in reply to REELArts

Just had a revealtion. Tried going back to 17fps after it exported properly at 25 and it worked! Try that work around folks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 11:38 PM   in reply to REELArts

You mean you exported it again at 17fps, after 25fps worked? Or you took the 25fps version and converted it to 17fps?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 11:47 PM   in reply to thumahawk

Yes, I changed the framerate back to 17fps in Flash (5.5) and tried the export again and it worked fine for the first time all day! (Been trying to deal with this for hours - and not for the first time) I did not just convert the already exported 25fps version.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2012 10:02 PM   in reply to REELArts

FALSE ALARM - sorry folks. This fix did NOT keep working! Changing to 25fps is the only thing that works for me. Changing back doesn't always work...going insane...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 6:24 AM   in reply to thhurli

After Effects accepts SWF as an import format, maybe you'll have more luck?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to sinious

Thanks for the suggestion. That's exactly what I ended up doing. The only problem there is that if you have a movie symbol within the swf movie it acts like a still and only plays the first frame. So I had to rebuild a quater of my project to make it work.

Though now that I'm typing this, I realise that the same thing happens when you play back inside flash until you export. Maybe it's the same in AE - Face palm!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points