Skip navigation
CRSIII
Currently Being Moderated

Tif file problem with the wrong file showing up

Mar 7, 2012 4:05 PM

In W7 64-bit PPro CS 5.01 I have a problem that shows up sometimes on SD NTSC projects.

It happens when I have a number of Tif files that are used with Luma-key as graphic overlays on video clips, They are all made in Photoshop with 0-0-0 black backgrounds. They sometimes show up on the timeline as the wrong tif file. I've checked them and even reloaded them (from another computer) and it continues to happen. If I have ten files, the first few work fine, but suddenly all the rest I try to add all show up in the video as the previous tif file that was overlayed on the video clips. I've tired rebooting and to no avail.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2012 11:39 PM   in reply to CRSIII

Update to 5.03 and see if that resolves it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 10, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to CRSIII

Open and resave the images in Photoshop, and then try again. If that works, then you're encountering a bug that has been fixed in Premiere Pro CS5.5.

Regarding the updates: There are a lot of bug fixes in the 5.0.2 and 5.0.3 updates. I strongly recommend that you install them.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 12:39 AM   in reply to CRSIII

Panels going white is a Windows issue, not PR.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 7:43 PM   in reply to CRSIII

For Panels going white, I would look at your video driver. Go to the nVidia (or ATI/AMD) Web site, and check for a newer driver. If there is one, download and install that.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points