Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

mediaPlayerStateChange to "buffering" even when player is playing

Mar 11, 2012 5:54 AM

Tags: #osmf #bufferingchange

Hi all,

I noticed that sometimes I get "mediaPlayerStateChange" event and the player state is "buffering" even when the player is actually playing. In addition, I get "bufferingChange" event and the buffering value on this event equals "true". The player is playing fine, however, I never get the "bufferingChange" with value false or "mediaPlayerStateChange" saying player state is now "playing".

This is causing a visual bug in my player, since I have a buffering spinner that I choose to display according to player's state or according to "bufferingChange" events.

Is it a known issue with OSMF? is there any workaround?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 1:47 AM   in reply to MicMic1234

hi,

can you provide a snippet of your code? Similar issues appear when mixing the events with the mediaplayer status for detecting state changes. Another problem source could be the event type, since the same event is used for multiple reasons.

Can you see the same behavior with StrobeMediaPlayback playing your asset?

S.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 6:02 AM   in reply to MicMic1234

Hi,

SMP has a workaround implemented in BufferOverlay.as for similar issues (FM-1146): It uses a timer to check if the current time changes and, if so, to disable the overlay. You can use the same approach in your player.

I think that the OSMF changes did not affect your observed behavior on RTMP. I am aware of some changes on HDS part, though.

S.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points