Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Question with Adobe Browserlab

Mar 10, 2012 3:23 PM

For the past several days, I have been unable to get service with Browserlab. After signing on, it tells me that Browserlab was unable to connect to server and that I should check my Internet connection. I have done this repeatedly, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Larry in Oklahoma City

lfloyd10@cox.net

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 11, 2012 4:42 PM   in reply to LFloyd10@cox.net

Hi Larry,

Where are you seeing this message? Inside of Dreamweaver in the BrowserLab panel, elsewhere inside of Dreamweaver, or in your browser in the BrowserLab UI there? Can you post a screenshot of it?

Thanks,

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to LFloyd10@cox.net

I've verified several times between last night and today that BrowserLab is up and running and that I can get screenshots from it. At this point it appears that somehow there is an issue with your connection or browser.

Can you you try the following steps?

1. Shut your machine down completely
    2. Reboot it, don't open any other software
    3. Open your browser, but don't go to BrowserLab yet.
    4. Clear the browser cache completely (cookies and history should be fine)
    5. Try going to BrowserLab again.

If that still doesn't work, can you provide details about what browser (and what version of that browser) you're using?

Can you try BrowserLab in a different browser?

Try that and let me know,

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to LFloyd10@cox.net

I looked that message up. It is shown when we get a fault while trying to talk to one of our web services. Do you have any firewall software running on your system? If so, can you try turning that completely off and trying it again?

If you get the message again, can you take a screenshot of it and whatever is in the background in the browser and post that here? That might give me more ideas about what to try next.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to Mark Rausch

Also, can you think of any configuration changes or new software you installed on your system since the last time you were able to successfully use BrowserLab?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to LFloyd10@cox.net

I don't see any screenshots

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to LFloyd10@cox.net

Aha. Are you trying to post the screenshots via email? That might be the issue. I'm still not seeing any screenshots, so I think you might have to go to the forums in a browser, reply there and post your screenshots along with the reply.

Mark

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points