Skip navigation
Jackeray
Currently Being Moderated

How do I apply the latest update for premiere elements?

Mar 12, 2012 12:17 AM

Tags: #help #files #update #premiere_elements_9 #download_install_problems #how_to #where_to_download

I have Premiere Elements 9 and i want to put in a disk menu and other stuff which i know how to do. I want to download the full version of the latest update provided by adobe at: http://www.adobe.com/special/premiereel/downloads/

which provides more themes and what not. However on the download intructions it says provide a path, but i dont know where to. Can someone help me?

I have downloaded it before but with no success i dont know where i downloaded the files to and when i started up premiere elements it came up with the message that said there was an update that could be downloaded which lead me to the link above in the first place.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 4:58 AM   in reply to Jackeray

How are you installing this content? Are you unzipping the files before you install them?

Where the files install depends on your operating system.

Also, please note that these are additional content files -- not updates. Any updates are installed by selecting Check for Updates under the Help menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 7:10 AM   in reply to Jackeray

Why don't you tell us what you are doing and seeing and we can tell you where things may be going wrong?

(Naturally, the more details you give us, the more likely we'll be able to help.)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to Jackeray

Look in the Downloads section of your web browser - for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome it's [Ctrl]+[J]. It should show you what you have downloaded and provides an option to open the folder in which it was downloaded to, or you can double-click the item in the downloads window to run the installer.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 2:23 AM   in reply to Jackeray

After you press the download All Content1 for Windows, then you would first be provided with a pop up window saying, 'Download Akamai Netsession Interface', you need to click on the link 'download the installer'.(This is not the actual content but a Download Manager to download the content)

Then know your Download location(see nealeh's post), go to that location and double click the Akamai_NetSession_Installer.exe file.

It will provide you with a 'Please select a download folder' window. Now you an browse through directories to any location(where you want the download), and select the location, click OK.

The Akamai Download Manager will start downloading your content.

After it completes, your download will be at the location you specified.

A dialog box will come saying 'PremiereElements_9_Content_ALL.exe' is a file which was downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?

Click Yes.

Then follow the Installation steps.

If the dialog box does not come by itself, go to the download location and double-click on PremiereElements_9_Content_ALL_LS15.exe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points