Skip navigation
briantho
Currently Being Moderated

Must render everything in Premiere Pro before sending to Encore?

Mar 12, 2012 7:35 AM

Tags: #rendering #encore #render

I think the answer is no, I DON'T have to have EVERYTHING in the Premiere Pro sequence that I'm sending to Encore completely rendered as I don't think I see any problems BUT am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for guidance here.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to briantho

I assume you are differentiating "render" from "transcoded."

You do not need to render anything.

Are you using dynamic link?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to briantho

Moral: don't walk away! Ha, ha!

All rendering does is create preview files. This helps realtime playback. In the end, you don't want to use those when you transcode (create the actual file that will be used as the final product).

Dynamic link simply creates a link to one of the PR sequences, and when it is time to create the DVD format, Encore (or since CS5 you have the option for Adobe Media Encoder) will transcode the PR sequence into a file that EN will use to "build" the disk.

You need to look at some of the threads on Macs and external drives. Sorry, can't point you to a specific one, but I suspect someone else can.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere?view=overview

Edit: Here's a post that explains a bit of this differently. There are lots of particulars, and you have the choice of using your preview files. But the prevailing wisdom is that you get better quality if you use "maximum render quality" which does not use old preview files.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4261546#4261546

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to briantho

As for walking away it's more like being dragged away, being given final ultimatum, etc but I'm not complaining ;-)

Ain't that the truth!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points