Skip navigation
skdjfhal
Currently Being Moderated

CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure

Mar 7, 2012 12:01 AM

I have put off upgrading for too long, but a switch to Lion forced my hand. I have the full CS2 Premium package. I bought the upgrade for InDesign only. Clearly, much has changed since my initial purchase several years ago, and I can't find the disk. My laptop hasn't upgraded to Lion, yet - thankfully? - so CS2 is still running. But the serial number there is coming up short...

I have seen the suggestion to call or contact customer support, but none is available. What burns me up is that I just chatted with support prior to purchase, and now that I'm dead in the water and desperate I can't even get a chat window or schedule a call.

Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2012 12:06 AM   in reply to skdjfhal

Hi skdjfhal,

Did you try the options in this link? http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/. The chat window appears as soon as there is a person available that can attend to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2012 12:13 AM   in reply to skdjfhal

You might want to wait for some time in that case. If you are not able to get through, let me know and I’ll check if someone can get in touch with you directly.

|
    Mark as:
  • Gautham K
    782 posts
    Nov 8, 2010
    Mar 7, 2012 2:36 AM   in reply to skdjfhal

Hi,

On the support page ( http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/ ), click on  "I am having trouble downloading or installing my software".

Then select "I am trying to use a single-user product I bought from Adobe or another merchant".

You should then be able to see a Chat Now button pop up after a few seconds.

If you see a message saying "All chat agents are busy", I would recommend waiting for sometime on the page and you will see the chat button once an agent is free.

Contacting support is necessary in this case as the serial no. has to be verified which cannot be done in a public forum.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues getting in touch with support.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
  • Gautham K
    782 posts
    Nov 8, 2010
    Mar 7, 2012 3:46 AM   in reply to skdjfhal

Hi Annie,

If you are still unable to contact support when you try later, please respond to this thread. I will try to check if we can provide an alternative.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
  • Gautham K
    782 posts
    Nov 8, 2010
    Mar 8, 2012 3:44 AM   in reply to skdjfhal

Hi Annie,

I recommend accessing this link : http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/517/cpsid_51791.html

There is a Chat button on this page which should connect you to support.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 3:58 AM   in reply to Gautham K

it is a invalid upgrade because adobe doesn't allow upgarde from the suite to point product.

and it is the reason your serial number is not working,

you have to contact adobe support to get this thing sorted out.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 11:35 PM   in reply to skdjfhal

Hi , Please remove your personal information as this is the public forums.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 11:47 PM   in reply to skdjfhal

Your e-mail address, look at the full forums description , your every post has your e-mial address

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 11:59 PM   in reply to skdjfhal

You can login to forums,adobe.com and then on the bottomright of the very post there will be the edit button, you can edit the post from there.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 1:40 AM   in reply to skdjfhal

Hi,

I am not sure about why you are unable to see the Edit button. I could go ahead and delete your email ID if  you want me to do that.

Meanwhile, I have asked Gautham to get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
  • Gautham K
    782 posts
    Nov 8, 2010
    Mar 13, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to skdjfhal

Hi skdjjfhal,

I have sent you a private message requesting for information. Request you to please respond with the same.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to skdjfhal

I tried to do the same thing. I was told you cannot upgrade from CS package to an inividual product. It's very irritating, why can't they come up with 2 upgrade prices? One from a package and one from an individual unit.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points