Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure

Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have put off upgrading for too long, but a switch to Lion forced my hand. I have the full CS2 Premium package. I bought the upgrade for InDesign only. Clearly, much has changed since my initial purchase several years ago, and I can't find the disk. My laptop hasn't upgraded to Lion, yet - thankfully? - so CS2 is still running. But the serial number there is coming up short...

I have seen the suggestion to call or contact customer support, but none is available. What burns me up is that I just chatted with support prior to purchase, and now that I'm dead in the water and desperate I can't even get a chat window or schedule a call.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skdjfhal,

Did you try the options in this link? http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/. The chat window appears as soon as there is a person available that can attend to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the speedy reply:) The chat window isn't coming up:

"ALERT

We are experiencing high call volumes due to the demand for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 4. We apologize for any delays this may cause."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to wait for some time in that case. If you are not able to get through, let me know and I’ll check if someone can get in touch with you directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your concern. I would LOVE if someone could contact me directly via email or at <Removed by Moderator>. The Lightroom 4 upgrade has things all tied up right now... Based on the forums it sounds like I need a new serial number since I've gone from a package to a single upgrade? Let me know what info you need. I have everything standing by... Many mahalos!

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 01:13:43 -0700

To: <Removed by Moderator>

Subject: Re: CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure

Re: CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure

created by Preran in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

You might want to wait for some time in that case. If you are not able to get through, let me know and I’ll check if someone can get in touch with you directly.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On the support page ( http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/ ), click on  "I am having trouble downloading or installing my software".

Then select "I am trying to use a single-user product I bought from Adobe or another merchant".

You should then be able to see a Chat Now button pop up after a few seconds.

If you see a message saying "All chat agents are busy", I would recommend waiting for sometime on the page and you will see the chat button once an agent is free.

Contacting support is necessary in this case as the serial no. has to be verified which cannot be done in a public forum.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues getting in touch with support.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've redirected per your instructions, and am camped out.... Thank you for checking in on me.

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 03:36:44 -0700

Subject: Re: CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure

created by Gautham K in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

Hi, On the support page ( http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/ ), click on  "I am having trouble downloading or installing my software". Then select "I am trying to use a single-user product I bought from Adobe or another merchant". You should then be able to see a Chat Now button pop up after a few seconds. If you see a message saying "All chat agents are busy", I would recommend waiting for sometime on the page and you will see the chat button once an agent is free. Contacting support is necessary in this case as the serial no. has to be verified which cannot be done in a public forum. Please let me know if you continue to have issues getting in touch with support. Thanks

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: CS2 Premium to InDesign 5.5 (only) serial number failure. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for hanging in there with me, but I'm super tired and have an early day ahead of me.

I will give it another try when I come home.

Please let me know if you have any more suggestions to help me get through to support.

Aloha,

Annie

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 03:36:44 -0700

created by Gautham K in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

Hi, On the support page ( http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/ ), click on  "I am having trouble downloading or installing my software". Then select "I am trying to use a single-user product I bought from Adobe or another merchant". You should then be able to see a Chat Now button pop up after a few seconds. If you see a message saying "All chat agents are busy", I would recommend waiting for sometime on the page and you will see the chat button once an agent is free. Contacting support is necessary in this case as the serial no. has to be verified which cannot be done in a public forum. Please let me know if you continue to have issues getting in touch with support. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie,

If you are still unable to contact support when you try later, please respond to this thread. I will try to check if we can provide an alternative.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have returned from my day job and now back at work from home. Still no chat line available. I appreciate your concern:) and welcome alternatives to resolve my serial number conflict. Mahalo, Annie

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 04:46:54 -0700

Hi Annie, If you are still unable to contact support when you try later, please respond to this thread. I will try to check if we can provide an alternative. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie,

I recommend accessing this link : http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/517/cpsid_51791.html

There is a Chat button on this page which should connect you to support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a invalid upgrade because adobe doesn't allow upgarde from the suite to point product.

and it is the reason your serial number is not working,

you have to contact adobe support to get this thing sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing a chat option at that link, just more troubleshooting advice. I need to chat with a live person in order to sort this out, and there is no one available. At this point, if I can't get this resolved I just want a refund and will revisit this whole quagmire later, when the lines aren't so busy. Please advise.

Mahalo,

Annie

Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 04:44:32 -0700

Hi Annie, I recommend accessing this link : http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/517/cpsid_51791.html There is a Chat button on this page which should connect you to support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , Please remove your personal information as this is the public forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal information? I don't know how to do that, or how it got there. I only replied to your email. What personal info are you referring to? my first name?

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:35:46 -0600

created by Manish_1988 in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

Hi , Please remove your personal information as this is the public forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your e-mail address, look at the full forums description , your every post has your e-mial address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. Now how do I fix that? You should have said something sooner, like "delete correspondence info if you reply". Please delete this thread - I'm guessing you know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can login to forums,adobe.com and then on the bottomright of the very post there will be the edit button, you can edit the post from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting ridiculous. There is no "edit". There is "like" and "report abuse", and at the very bottom "

Go to original post

Share on facebook

Share on twitter

Share on email

Share on print

More Sharing Services

Actions

View print preview

More Like This

Upgrading to Design Premium CS 5.5Re: CS2 Premium serial number not accepted at use on Win 7 systemTrouble with CS2 on Mac G5 with new user accounts - activation issues?Re: CS2InDesign CS5.5 upgrade

Bookmarked By (0)

View:

No public bookmarks exist for this content.

Legend

Correct Answers - 10 points

Helpful Answers - 5 points

Adobe Forums >

Downloading, Installing, Setting Up >

Discussions

Adobe Forums powered by Jive SBS ® 4.5.6.3 forum software

© Jive Software

Choose your region

Security

Contact Adobe

Report piracy

EULAs

Permissions and trademarks

Careers"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure about why you are unable to see the Edit button. I could go ahead and delete your email ID if  you want me to do that.

Meanwhile, I have asked Gautham to get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just delete it already! This has been the most annoying customer service nightmare. I have spent several hours per day for a week now waiting to see a chat window or get through by phone to resolve this whole issue, and in the end I've had no choice but to just return the product. In lieu of actually solving my situation, you and I have continued an extensive discussion on how to even get through to customer service. Meanwhile, you, as an "customer service employee" have no solution to actually getting through to...you? If you need a screen shot to see there is no "edit" to click on I can send you one, but I am finished with this conversation, and with this attempted upgrade. Goodbye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skdjjfhal,

I have sent you a private message requesting for information. Request you to please respond with the same.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Psst.... where is this "private message" you speak of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I browse through the forum, it looks as though it is primarily switching from a package to a single app. Secondarily, I have the old CS2. What a mess!

Now I just have to get through to support.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried to do the same thing. I was told you cannot upgrade from CS package to an inividual product. It's very irritating, why can't they come up with 2 upgrade prices? One from a package and one from an individual unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines