Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Peer Assisted Networking popup window allow button issue

Mar 13, 2012 3:58 AM

Tags: #netgroups

popupgrp.JPG

I can't press allow button from the first click, only after 2-4 clicks. It's a bug? It's like allow button is not active(no press animation is happening). If i wait around 2-5 seconds it's working from first click. Any fix available?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to Guesswhooo

that's a feature.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 4:40 PM   in reply to Guesswhooo

to elaborate: it's a security feature to avoid click jacking. the same delay is present with the camera/microphone dialog. the delay is to make sure you (the user) really meant to click that "Allow" button, and not something that might've been right where the Allow button was about to appear, to trick you into clicking Allow when you didn't mean to.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 4:53 AM   in reply to Michael Thornburgh

Thanks got it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 7:01 AM   in reply to Guesswhooo

When using Linux it often happens that the allow button stays unclickable indefinitely. The only way around this is to go to the security settings manually and enable always allow for the respective security option.

Our Linux users are bugging us extensively to get this fixed so if you know of a work-around for this as well that would be fantastic.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to KevinTUDelft

hallo

ubuntu have an bug in ubity see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/874897

gnome-shell or other desktops works fine!

on android browser best is to set wmode=""  and on flash player >=11 wmode="direct"

@KevinTUDeft on what side do you use cirrus?

best regards

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 7:18 AM   in reply to whwi999

Thanks for pointing me to that bug in Ubity. I hope they pick it up soon because I don't have very good odds to getting people to use a different shell to use my application

What do you mean with: what side do you use Cirrus? We use Cirrus as a rendez-vous server to exchange peer id's in a peer2peer communication application. (if this was not what you meant please rephrase)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to KevinTUDelft

hello

there is a new bug report for ubuntu

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/865672

@KevinTUDelft is it possible test the p2p communiction application is it open source? webside?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points