Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Folio Builder Panel: Error #3115

Mar 13, 2012 6:02 AM

can someone provide any more details what this eror means?

Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-13 um 14.00.55.png

It pops up after I start the Folio Builder Panel.

After that: Spinning wheel on "Loading Folios".

The error message dialog does not help at all.

Installed the new Tools, uninstalled them already, cleared indesing prefs, installed again in the following order (as always): Producer Tools, then Folio Builder Panel.

—Johannes

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to Johannes Eckert

From another thread it looks like you've got the workaround to delete cache folder. The error  means there is problem accessing the offline database in the cache. If you have installed CS6 pre-release bits on that machine and used Folio Builder panel pre-release builds then it is likely the pre-release build was incompatible with release build which is expected. However if you have always been on CS5.5 release builds then it is likely a bug in panel. Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce the issue internally. If you run into the same issue again, I'd appreciate it if you may ping me jsong@adobe.com. It will help if we can do some simple diagnose in that error state. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to Johannes Eckert

Hi, Johannes:

Do you still have the dmp cache folder on your disk? If so, is it okay if you may forwrad the afc.db file inside the folder to me? It will help a lot for our investigation of the issue. You may email to jsong@adobe.com the file. Thanks!

Jianlan

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 7:52 PM   in reply to Johannes Eckert

It turns out to be incompatibility issue with CS6 pre-release build. Details please check out forum thread http://forums.adobe.com/community/dps?view=discussions.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 2:07 AM   in reply to Jianlan Song

I have only ever had CS5, no pre-release and have the same error. Where do I find the afc.db file? or the dmb cache

-Pam

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 2:22 AM   in reply to PamShoulder

Sorry - just remembered - I did have the original pre-release of the DPS - before content viewer was even available.

-Pam

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Mar 22, 2012 2:17 PM   in reply to PamShoulder

Remove the temporary folders in <username> > Library > Preferences > StageManager.[string] > Local Host, and then try again. If you're on Lion, hold down Option and choose Go > Library to display hidden files. If you're on Windows, drill down to the Local Store folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 2:28 PM   in reply to PamShoulder

PamShoulder, if you have not deleted your afc.db file or if you still have it in your trash can would you mind sending it to ssheshag@adobe.com or jsong@adobe.com? It will help us in investigating the issue if it really is a bug.

Thanks,

Shruthi

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 12:05 AM   in reply to ShruthiSheshagiri

Hi Shruti

I looked yesterday and don’t have this L

I am no longer getting the message after

Uninstalling everything - Finding my old content bundler -Installing that – to discover that there was nothing on the server anyway

Uninstalled that - And then reinstalled the new Folio Panel 12.1.3 and Folio Producer 1-9-1

Now it simply tells me  “You do not have a compatible Digital Publishing Plug-in.

So – the 3115 is sorted but  an still stuck. Will be looking for other threads.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 12:16 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Hi Bob

See my reply to Shruti – 3115 has gone but now its not compatible.

-and then (below) which of the Local store folders should I be looking in – and then delete what?

And should I also remove the whole Digital Publishing resources from Plugins folder?

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Mar 23, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to PamShoulder

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 12:24 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Hi Bob

Did a search for this file and looked manually – it doesn’t exist on my machine.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 2:52 AM   in reply to Johannes Eckert

@Bob: Can't find my Preferences folder on my Windows(7).

Ga to users; username, but can't find the folder to remover the cache

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 7:24 AM   in reply to AadMetz

The folder is hidden by default if you are using Windows Explorer to find it. The easiest way to get to it is to open the start menu and type in:

%appdata%

Then press enter. From there you can find the com.adobe.dmp.content viewer folder.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to missamo80

That one did'nt work on my computer.

The thing that works is:

On Win user name/Application Data/applicationID.publisherID/Local Store/

Try follow the steps below:

1. 1.       Close Folio Builder panel and quit InDesign;
    2. 2.       Find app-storage folder, on Win7 something like c:/Users/[user name]/Application Data/StageManager.BD092818F67280F4B42B04877600987F0111B594.1/Local Store/
    3. 3.       You should find a folder named ‘dmp’ in that folder. Delete ‘dmp’ folder and #sharedObjects in the same folder
    4. 4.       Relaunch InDesign and Folio Builder panel

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 10, 2012 11:00 AM   in reply to AadMetz

Thanks for providing the steps.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 11:19 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

And tnx to Jianlan Song, who gave me the answer...:)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 18, 2012 7:56 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Hi Bob -- I'm beginning to build another app with my college students after a hiatus and want to make sure I do the most stable updates. We're doing a single-edition app with CS5.5. Would you suggest going to Builder 12.1.3 and Producer 1.9.1? We have Builder 11.4.2 on our Macs and I assume the other pieces are of the same vintage ... the Plug-in is 7.xx.18. All advice appreciated! Beth

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 19, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to gnusart

Are you creating folios for an existing app in the store? If not, download the newest tools.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

No -- We have to start from scratch with new students and a new magazine app every semester. I see that the Viewer has been approved by Apple, which seemed to be the big issue. I just want to avoid known problems that I may have missed on previous forum posts, if possible.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points