Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Need help: Cannot install Folio Builder Keeping getting Error #3115

Mar 13, 2012 6:34 AM

Tags: #error #install #folio_builder #error3115

I'm using InDesign 5.0 with Mac OS 10.7. After several tries of installing Adobe DPS, I end up with the same problem. I recieve a message warning [Error #3115] after right opening the Folio Builder Panel. Then I cannot log in or do any thing with the pannel. Please Help!!!

I have tried re-installed my Adobe Suite. Install the first version of the Adobe DPS then install the latest version of Folio Producer Tools (1.9) then Folio Panel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2012 6:36 AM   in reply to np1404

I submitted the same prioblem half an hour ago, no response yet:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/974630?tstart=0

—Johannes

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 6:47 AM   in reply to np1404

I am on CS5.5 as well.

A friend of mine is reporting this bug on CS5.0 and CS5.5.

Oh boy.

—Johannes

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 7:58 AM   in reply to Johannes Eckert

That typically indicates that the local folio cache is corrupt. I'll work to figure out how to delete & regenerate that cache file.

Sorry for the productivity delay.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 7:29 AM   in reply to Johannes Eckert

Found this in an internal email...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to jamesroche

Sorry, my phone ate that last response...

Here's a note from an internal email on the topic:

-=-=-=-

On Mac /Users/user name/Library/Preferences/ StageManager.<long_guid>/Local Store/

Please delete following cache file/folders:

*    #SharedObjects

*    Dmp folder

-=-=-=-

Please follow up if this does/doesn't fix your problem. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 8:21 AM   in reply to jamesroche

yes, worked. thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to Johannes Eckert

Good news. Thanks for the update.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to np1404

I am an engineer working on DPS tools and would like to investigate this issue further. If you have already cleaned up your local cache but still have the dmp cache folder on your local disk (trash can, backup folder, etc.) and is okay to share your dmp cache, could you send the afc.db file inside the folder to jsong@adobe.com ? Even better if you have not deleted your local cache and can still reproduce the error. In that case, could you contact me offline? It will help us a lot for further investigation of a fix. Thanks!

Jianlan

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2012 7:45 PM   in reply to np1404

After getting more info from Johannes offline, we figuered out the root cause of the error: Johannes have installed CS6 pre-release Folio Builder panel on the same machine.

All the regular release builds are implemented to be backward compatible with previous release builds. However release builds are not guaranteed to work with CS6 pre-release builds and there have been incompatible changes introduced between pre-releases. So when user upgraded to latest release panel, Folio Builder panel detected the offline cache database to be in an incompatible state which caused the 3115 error. The incompatibility of pre-release builds are expected and the solution is to delete local cache folder. If you ever would want to switch between using CS6 pre-release build and CS5 release build on the same machine, you should also delete your offline cache folder before switching.

If you are just like Johannes that you've had pre-release bits installed on the same machine then you should definitely clean up the cache folder. However if you have always only installed release build of Folio Builder panel on that machine but still encounter database error, please feel free to contact me offline and I may help to investigate the issue.

Thanks!

Jianlan

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to Jianlan Song

Hi Jianian -- To your knowledge, are there any outstanding issues with the current versions of the Folio Builder and Folio Producer tools as seen in the above thread? I'm doing upgrades on classroom Macs that have NOT had any pre-release CS6 software installed. We'll be going from version 17 or 18 and CS5.5. Troubleshooting is difficult for us to do on college-owned computers!

Thanks,

Beth

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points