Skip navigation
goadobe10
Currently Being Moderated

FLV to SWF Issue?

Mar 13, 2012 12:57 PM

I'm converting an FLV to an SWF and selecting a standard flash player to allow pausing, rewinding etc. SWF plays fine as long as both SWFs that get created during the video export process are in the original folder. However, when I upload to a server the skin swf acts like it can't find the swf with the content. What do I need to do so that I may relocate the swfs?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 12:09 AM   in reply to goadobe10

I use a program called Flash Video MX to convert my flv (or avi) files to swf. You can download a free Demo version to have a try,

And here is a step by step guide about how to use it.

Hope it helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 22, 2013 12:08 AM   in reply to Imam Sulaeman

If you are trying to convert FLV to SWF with a file that you have received or downloaded and wish to change file types but do not have proprietary Flash® software, then you will likely need to use a converter program.These will typically cost you money, and free trial versions may have limitations on file sizes or place a watermark on the converted file unless you buy the full version. While different programs will work somewhat differently, typically they will allow you to open or import an FLV file and then save or export the file as an SWF file.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points