Skip navigation
Andy_Qep123
Currently Being Moderated

Can I install Audition 3 with other CS5.5 apps?

Mar 13, 2012 11:28 AM

Hi All,

I am on Windows-7 x64. My query is, can I install Audition 3.0.1 with

other CS5.5 applications like Premiere Pro CS5.5?

Will it be stable or result in clashes & crashes?

I specifically do not want to use Audition CS5.5. If it can be done, what

order should I install the programs? CS5.5 1st or Audition-3 1st?

Thank you all for your time

Andy.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2012 2:37 PM   in reply to Andy_Qep123

AA3.0 can be installed alongside other Adobe apps including Premiere Pro and even Audition CS5.5 without causing any conflicts or problems.

Now, a couple of "buts".

AA3.0 doesn't support the clever integration with Premiere Pro so you won't have the clever round trip processing that's included in Audition CS5.5.  Only you can know if this is important to you.

Second, AA3.0 was written before Windows 7 64 bit existed.  Many users have installed it onto Win7 64 with no problems at all but a number of others have reported glitches and issues with things like CD writing (reported a number of times) and a variety of other things.  I'm no expert but have to suspect any issues are likely to do with drivers for other devices and therefore luck of the draw depending on the hardware you have.  The only way to know for sure is to try it.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to Andy_Qep123

Certainly all versions of Audition can co-exist quite happily on the same machine - so it follows that if CS5.5 is installed, even without its version of Audition, that AA3.0.1 would also run fine alongside it. All versions create their own specific system setting files in different directories, which is why this has never been an issue - it's sort of planned for, in fact.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2012 4:35 PM   in reply to Andy_Qep123

Yes.  Absolutely.

I have several versions of Audition working happily on the laptop I'm typing this message on. 

I've even had more than one open at the same time--not a procedure to be recommended but even that worked.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points