• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to extract HDS fragments and segments from a .f4f?

Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to manually extract the HDS fragments and segments from a .f4f file.  I have the .f4m and .f4x as well.  Once extracted, I'd like to be able to host the fragments and segments on a standard origin (web) server such as Amazon S3.  Is there any way to do this?  If not, does Adobe have any plans on releasing such a tool?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, will that work.. just try it out..

1. Rename f4f file to f4v.

2. Use offline packager to package this f4v file with segment duration equal to the fragment duration of the original f4f file.

3. This must create multiple f4f files and f4x files. f4f file will have name fileNameSeg1SegX.f4f

4. Discard f4x files..

5. Rename these f4f files as per request made by the OSMF player.. For example fileNameSeg1SegX.f4f should be name fileNameSeg1FragX.f4f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We developed some software that makes it possible to distribute HDS/Http Dynamic Streaming video from a regular web server or a cloud server like S3.

You will however still need the Adobe f4fpackager software.

In case anyone is still looking for a solution to this problem, be sure to check https://github.com/OpenTelly/hds-fragmenter - its free and open source. We appreciate your feedback.

Kind regards,

Maarten Tielemans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While developing a Python library for parsing f4v/HDS files, I developed a pre-fragmenter too: https://github.com/use-sparingly/HDS_Fragmenter

You may find this useful if you're a Python house.

I've also created an auto-uploader to S3 for live streams.

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines