• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a drop shadow

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/illustrator/cs/using/WS714a382cdf7d304e7e07d0100196cbc5f-61d7a.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using illuatrator cs5 and for some reason the only effect i get from choosing 'Stylize' is 'Glowing edges'.

I've searched quite a bit all the tools bust still can't find 'Drop Shadow'. Can anyone poitn me in the right direction or is there another way to create shadows on an object (text and rectangles) in illustrator.

Thanks

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mti-12

Look at Effect menu you have 2 sub-sections called Stylize (the one you are looking for is near SVG sub-section).

In other words, Drop Shadow is in the Illustrator Effects section.

Let me know if you can find it.

Best Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Gustavo for your help! Oh, i  feel so stupid not seeing before! thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

awesome thank you for catching that!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gustavo has you taken care of, but to further clarify -

You're looking in the "Photoshop Effects" section, in the bottom half of the Effect menu. In the top half you see the "Illustrator Effects".

Both sections contain an item called "Stylize". Just try the other one.

---

If on a Mac, click on the main Help menu and type "Drop" into the search bar. Drop Shadow will highlight.

______

To create shadows another way - create a shape and apply a Guassian Blur to it. Like Drop shadow, this will also apply a live effect which you can adjust as need be whenever you want. Use the Appearance Panel to access live effects applied to objects.

Remember, always use your Drop Shadows responsibly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matthias! Good to know another way of doing things. This is very helpful:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines