Skip navigation
Stormcloud492
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Resource Manager hogging system resources

Mar 8, 2012 11:57 AM

Tags: #macbook #cs5.5 #suite

While working, I would notice that the fan of my laptop was growing louder and louder. I turned on my Activity Monitor to see what was happening and saw the Adobe Resource Manager was running and taking up sometimes as much as 95% of the system's resources. I quit ARM and the fan calms down after a minute or two. This can't be normal. What is ARM trying to do?  This started happening when I had Creative Suite 4. I assumed that the problem would go away after I installed CS 5.5, but it didn't. I could keep manually turning it off, but this is not ideal and I don't know whether I'm defeating some good purpose. Can you tell me what to do about it? Many thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 8, 2012 1:04 PM   in reply to Stormcloud492

Which Adobe products do you have installed?  Also I am assuming by the fact you have Activity Monitor that you are using Mac OS?  If so what version of Mac OS?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to Stormcloud492

I have looked at my own system and I am not showing a task for the Adobe Resource Manager.  After further resource it appears this maybe a component of Robohelp.  Do you have Robohelp installed as well?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points