• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to start a structured document?

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All- Please advise how I can launch a structured document. I have FM 10. Somewhere I saw mention of a new StructureTool UI, but it's nowhere to be found among my FM options. In fact, there's no "Structure" anything among my FM options. Do I need to install additional software?

Sorry. This is surely an imbicilic question, since there's next to no discussion on this so basic topic.

-Kurt E

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kurt,

True imbicillic questions are the ones that never get asked...

If you do not have a menu called "StructureTools" you are probably working in the "unstructured" FrameMaker interface. You need to change the interface option in the Preferences. Choose the File > Preferences > Gobal command and select the Structured FrameMaker option from the list box at the bottom of that dialog. Then restart FrameMaker. If you create a new document, the dialog shows you a bunch of folders with structured templates of all kinds.

Good luck.

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it helps, I have a video on changing the interface.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om-epCJHYm4&feature=g-upl&context=G2fa3a20AUAAAAAAAGAA

Just bear in mind that the very first checkbox in the dialog 'resets' when you change interfaces. I don't know why, but the Automatic Backup on Save comes on when you toggle the interface. If you do NOT want that, and have previously disabled it, turn that one off. Just keep an eye on it the one time and on restart you are good to go.

Bernard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines