Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Acrobat X Pro: Create PDF Portfolio not previewing Word docs

Feb 3, 2012 1:47 PM

Tags: #pdf #adobe #preview #create #portfolio #microsoft_word #acrobat_pro #createpdf #create_pdf_portfolio

******BUG******

Concise problem statement:

Word documents won't preview on an Adobe PDF Portfolio, while other Office documents (Excel, PowerPoint, etc) will. It only shows a Word icon on the preview and you have to double-click the file to open it on actual word. This is not the way Acrobat is supposed to behave.

NOTE: Adobe Acrobat 10.1.2 (latest version) and Office 2010 Suite w/ SP1 installed.

Steps to reproduce bug:

1. Create a PDF Portfolio

2. Add Word (.doc, .docx) files to the Portfolio

3. Click on Preview and you will see a Word icon instead of a thumbnail preview.

Results:

You will see a word icon

Expected results:

A thumbnail preview of the document like it happens with Excel, PowerPoint, etc...

Can you guys reproduce this error? What do you think?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2012 7:22 AM   in reply to GiaKzter

Hi,

I recreated the issue on my computer, I'm able to see the Thumnail of the document in the Preview Mode, please try to repair the Acrobat  x product and also try to check with the different document.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2012 7:24 AM   in reply to GiaKzter

I have Acrobat Pro X and Word 2010 and have the same issue as GiaKtzer. Word displays an error message that it must be restarted to complete the action. A thumbnail with a Word icon is displayed in the portfolio rather than a preview of the document.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points