Skip navigation
Sroker_
Currently Being Moderated

Mixing and Exporting separate files from multitrack session

Feb 23, 2012 2:50 AM

Tags: #files #export #session #exporting #separate #different #tracks #from #program #radio #multitrack #mixing #mixed #imaging #producers #arranged #everything

Hi,

Is there any solution for radio producers, to export from Audtion 3.0 separate files. For example i've got a few parts of radio program in one session - each one consists a HeadIn, Loop, voicetack and HeadOut (arranged on different tracks}. Now, I don't want to select one by one and export - I wan't to export everything in that session as mixed, separate files at one go.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Bartek

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 23, 2012 2:53 AM   in reply to Sroker_

Mix Down to New File in Edit menu may be what you are looking for.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to Sroker_

They will if you select Master Output for Selected Range and you just select one chunk at a time.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Mar 3, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to Sroker_

Sroker_ wrote:

Hi,

Is there any solution for radio producers, to export from Audtion 3.0 separate files. For example i've got a few parts of radio program in one session - each one consists a HeadIn, Loop, voicetack and HeadOut (arranged on different tracks}. Now, I don't want to select one by one and export - I wan't to export everything in that session as mixed, separate files at one go.

Is it possible?

Yes - it's very simple. If you look in the File menu you'll find an 'export' function. If you select the 'track' option from the menu of things you can do, you'll find that you can export all of the tracks individually, and also the mixdown.

Once you've got used to the options in Export, you may never want to go back to the basic mixdown functions ever again!

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Mar 4, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to Sroker_

Sroker_ wrote:

I need seperate files from mixdown. When the mixdown is created there is silence between mastered and mixed tracks... - i don't want that. I would like to select all of the elements in session and mixdwon them as seperate mixed and mastered tracks to harddrive with different files names (like OnAir_1 - for first mixed part of program, OnAir_2 for second mixed part od program and so on...).

All of your solutions - that i'm thankful for, still involve me to manualy select ex. OnAir_1, export, give the file name and save, OnAir_2, export, give the file name and save...... When i've got about 10 to 20 parts of one program in session - its a lot of work to export or select them one by one from mixdown.

Export certainly gives you separate files for each part, and it will do it all in one go, but it won't auto-name them. I haven't tried it, but if the clips are named then I think it should use those names for file names. Look on the bright side - the current CS5.5 release misses out on most of the export functions that are useful completely!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 4, 2012 4:10 PM   in reply to Sroker_

Sroker_ wrote:

[one part of program contain head(track1), loop(track2), Dj(track3), head2(track1)]

I hope you know what i mean.

Thanks for help guys!

I am not quite sure what you mean. Can you post a picture of part of your Multitrack layout so that we can see where all the elements are?

You should be able to select just the elements you want without mixing down the whole lot. When you have selected all the elements for one file go to the Edit menu and use Mixdown to New File/Master Output for Selected Range. That portion will be mixed down and appear in the Edit view where you can do a Save As to save it with whatever name you require.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Mar 15, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to Sroker_

But that's exactly what Export lets you do - the output from each track separately, as a separate file. Have you even looked at it?

File>Export>Audio Mixdown, and on the RHS of the screen you get Mixdown options. Select 'track' and you get an option to export all tracks and the master as separate files. The files will take the track names, if you've named them.

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Mar 15, 2012 10:27 AM   in reply to Sroker_

That's okay. I've just had a very careful look at your multitrack layout, and I think I can see why you're having a problem with this. I think that there is a solution, but that you have to do the last part of it in edit view.

What you need to do first is to open the Marker list, and change all of your marker points to marker ranges (highlight them all in the list, and there's an icon at the bottom to let you do this). Now, export the entire mix, including markers and metadata, and have it open up in Edit view. Now, if you open up the marker list in Edit view you'll find that there's an extra icon at the bottom of it - the one that lets you batch out files. This will take the marker names for file names, and will save the cue ranges as individual files, with other options as well. So you mix the entire file in one go, and split it afterwards. To make this work, you have to highlight all of the cue ranges in the list first.

Does that achieve what you want?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points