Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how to turn off "Adobe ColdFusion Builder Trial" window

Mar 13, 2012 7:42 PM

After the tiral version expires, there is a popup window named "Adobe ColdFusion Builder Trial" pops up every time you start the builder. This is really annoying. Is there any way to turn this window off? I am only able to turn off the start up page window by doing "windows - preferences - ColdFusion - Startup -Show welcome start up page". I have tried google search, the forum search. Still no answer is found for how to turn off "Adobe ColdFusion Builder Trial" window. Thanks in advance for your input and help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 6:00 AM   in reply to ffcai

Try buying it...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 6:04 AM   in reply to ffcai

You are using trial software, and want to be able to disable the trial nag window?  Yes, its the answer.  If you want it to go away, pay for it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 3:23 PM   in reply to ffcai

You've never run an unactivated version of a Microsoft Office product then?  Or pretty much any shareware app?

Having a pleading screen is pretty much the standard way of attempting to encourage people to pay for the software they use, if indeed they offer a free version of their software.

And why do you think selling software is a bad thing?  I presume you charge for your services?

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 3:47 PM   in reply to ffcai

If you can't cope with a single mouseclick, don't use the free version of CFB then.  Use CFEclipse instead.  Bloody hell you're whiny: I think most people - the reasonable ones - would be thinking "it's quite handy to be able to use this for free".

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 3:59 PM   in reply to ffcai

Microsoft Office apps, like I already said.  And MS Windows too, for that matter.  That said, they complain about activation, not not having paid for it, because you can't use them at all for free.  WinRAR does it.  WinZip did it last time I checked.  A text editor I used to use called Textpad did it. ExamDiff Pro does it.  Like I said, most shareware apps that I have encountered do this.

And there is really really really a lot of software that completely stops working after the trial expires.

Seriously: as well as not having a purchase of CFB, you don't seem to have much of a purchase on reality either.

But anyway, yeah, we get it.  You don't want to click a button.  Bad luck.  Move on.  You're making a dick out of yourself.

--

Adam

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points