• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to turn off "Adobe ColdFusion Builder Trial" window

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the tiral version expires, there is a popup window named "Adobe ColdFusion Builder Trial" pops up every time you start the builder. This is really annoying. Is there any way to turn this window off? I am only able to turn off the start up page window by doing "windows - preferences - ColdFusion - Startup -Show welcome start up page". I have tried google search, the forum search. Still no answer is found for how to turn off "Adobe ColdFusion Builder Trial" window. Thanks in advance for your input and help!

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try buying it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is THE answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using trial software, and want to be able to disable the trial nag window?  Yes, its the answer.  If you want it to go away, pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I know why ColdFusion has this little market. CF only interested in making money. I can't imagine this type of annoying window still happens in 21 century. And you know what, all Cf's mighty power come from Java, a free language. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've never run an unactivated version of a Microsoft Office product then?  Or pretty much any shareware app?

Having a pleading screen is pretty much the standard way of attempting to encourage people to pay for the software they use, if indeed they offer a free version of their software.

And why do you think selling software is a bad thing?  I presume you charge for your services?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I build something myself from scratch, I won't reluctant to charge for a fee. If the product is built completely on top of another free thing, at least I won't put a window like that to "encourage" people to buy my service. Every CF starters who want to practice their CF skills and want to know more about CF needs to close that window every time? You call this standard way? Could you tell me another 10 softwares in this world that force a pop up window everytime it starts? I guess this is standard in your world. CF really discourage people by putting up a window like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't cope with a single mouseclick, don't use the free version of CFB then.  Use CFEclipse instead.  Bloody hell you're whiny: I think most people - the reasonable ones - would be thinking "it's quite handy to be able to use this for free".

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't name another one software follows this standard? Thank you for saying anything you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Office apps, like I already said.  And MS Windows too, for that matter.  That said, they complain about activation, not not having paid for it, because you can't use them at all for free.  WinRAR does it.  WinZip did it last time I checked.  A text editor I used to use called Textpad did it. ExamDiff Pro does it.  Like I said, most shareware apps that I have encountered do this.

And there is really really really a lot of software that completely stops working after the trial expires.

Seriously: as well as not having a purchase of CFB, you don't seem to have much of a purchase on reality either.

But anyway, yeah, we get it.  You don't want to click a button.  Bad luck.  Move on.  You're making a dick out of yourself.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the reason why most people don't know Textpad, ExamDiff Pro. What are all these? Editing text by the authors and their relatives? Maybe WinRAR does this thing in my memory. But this is the only one. Cann't you see? The standard only applies to WinRAR and CF. You need to reconsider if this can be called a standard if only one or two small company use it.

Like you said, this butotn click really discourage me. I believe it will discourage majority programmers in the world. I study CF because the company I work for use it. I want to build a website using ColdFusion as a way to become more experienced in CF so that I can do better during work. But I am really discouraged by this language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, don't think a extra click is a little thing. It is huge. Most programmers don't like one extra click. You may want to do a survey on a reason number of programmers before you reach your conclusion. This window discourages away people, it won't gain popularity among programmers. If people need to buy it, they will. If they don't, they won't. It is this simple. This window only do bad thing. It makes me feel the start up is slow because the window needs to be drawn on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation