Skip navigation
KevinAM 42 posts
Jan 10, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Linked Smart Object Layers

Mar 15, 2012 11:47 AM

Tags: #linked #layers #objects #smart

This may be a very simple question (or not):

As shown here, I have a Photoshop project that has many layers in it. All of the layers have pretty much the same pictures in it, but with minor differences. I'm trying to find a way to change the color of ALL of the layers without having to go into each individual one.

I want all the layers to have the exact same color different than what is shown.

faces.jpg

Any help?

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,977 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Mar 15, 2012 11:53 AM   in reply to KevinAM

Try adding an adjustment layer above all the layer that applies to all layers. Like a selective color or hue and saturation adjustment layer

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2012 1:06 AM   in reply to KevinAM

One option (and a pretty cumbersome one) would be to set up a Smart Object for every color and subsequently mask or clipping mask that.

But JJMack’s advice is valid – depending on the severeness of the correction it may be difficult (or impossible without masking) to implement naturally.

colorAdjTestScr.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Mar 16, 2012 2:40 AM   in reply to KevinAM

Hello, You speak about smart objects, have you used them in this project?

If you created the scarf as a smart object, you duplicate it by dragging it on the new layer icon, and if you edit any occurence, by adding an adjustment layer, it will be replicated in all other copies.

If you right-click on its name in the layers panel and select "new smart object via copy", you create an independant SO, and editing it, or the other one won't replicate changes.

Useful info: smart objects can contain other smart objects.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points