Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Facebook access problems?

Jan 14, 2012 10:42 AM

Tags: #facebook #photoshop_touch #bug_report

Hello there,

I am using PST on my UNrooted, pretty much brand spankin' new Asus Transformer TF101 and, frankly, it runs beautifully. There are a few hiccups here and there but nothing I can't live with. Except...

I have never gotten the "Facebook part" of PST working. I can sign into FB and am greeted with a huge blank-white popup that simply says "Success" in the upper left-hand corner in black system text. It just "looks" very sketchy--most NON-Adobe looking! From here the only place to go is the close button to close the popup.

Needless to say, if I try to publish to FB--big white pop-up with "Success" in the upper-left appears. The image does NOT get published to Facebook.

And photo access, that's interesting too! When I go to open a photo and choose to open from Facebook (which, I assume, shows me my current FB photos? I haven't gotten it to work yet!) guess what happens? Yep...a big white pop-up with "Success" in the upper-left appear appears yet again, yet I am never greeted to images.

Well, the good thing is that it's saying "Success" instead of "Failure" or "You're a compleat n00b idiot." That has to count for something... ;')

Adobe, a little help here?

whoops.png

Replies
  • greule
    420 posts
    Oct 14, 2010
    Jan 16, 2012 1:00 AM   in reply to iamdoctorron

Hi. Are you able to acces the facebook page via the device browser.? If so, can you try to clear the browser cache since we are calling just the facebook login page.

Did you try to restart PSTouch?

Thanks,

Guido

|
    Mark as:
  • greule
    420 posts
    Oct 14, 2010
    Jan 17, 2012 5:56 AM   in reply to iamdoctorron

I talked to our responsible developer and he was suggesting the following steps.

1. on your device go to Settings->Applications and choose Browser and from there  Clear Cache
    2. then go to your Facebook account (in the device browser) and delete PSTouch from Home->Privacy Settings-> Edit App and Websites
    3. logout from facebook
    4. start PSTouch and login to facebook

Hope that helps

|
    Mark as:
  • greule
    420 posts
    Oct 14, 2010
    Jan 18, 2012 1:30 AM   in reply to iamdoctorron

That's to bad.

On other thing  you can try is to "Clear data" at Settings->Applications->PSTouch

Be cautious. Backup you projects to the e.g. CreativeCloud. This would bring PSTouch in a state like fresh installed

|
    Mark as:
  • greule
    420 posts
    Oct 14, 2010
    Feb 2, 2012 4:09 AM   in reply to greule

I was able to reproduce your issue and I think I  found a workaround for you.

When you go to your Facebook Acount Settings in a browser. Choose "Security" and disable "Secure Browsing" for a moment.

After that you should be able to login to Facebook within PSTouch.

Enable "Secure Browsing" again

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 15, 2012 11:50 PM   in reply to greule

I have exactly the same problem,,very frustrating indeed.  Also mate I am new completely to photoshop and am having trouble ,even with tutorials ,to work out what buttons they are referring to.

Is there a section that can explain every button and what they do somewhere? Please.

I will try your recommendation on my iPad 2 to see if Facebook can show more than just he success screen. I will let you know either way.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2012 12:01 AM   in reply to John Lowden

Than you greule ,it worked mate for iPad 1 and 2 ,,think you may get asked this question a lot,,cheers,,can you please tell if there is somewhere expliaing all the buttons and how they work,or what they do ,,thanks for the Facebook help mate.

|
    Mark as:
  • greule
    420 posts
    Oct 14, 2010
    Mar 16, 2012 1:36 AM   in reply to John Lowden

Hi John, I'm glad to hear that the facebook issue is solved on your side.  For other PSTouch functionality there are some great videos on the web  http://tv.adobe.com/search/?q=Photoshop+TOuch

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to greule

I tried disabling the secure browsing in my account settings. I still don't seem to be able to get it to work.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points