Expand my Community achievements bar.

Upgrade LC Designer 2.5 to 3 for Acro Pro X?

Former Community Member

I have Acrobat Pro X, and LiveCycle Designer v 9.0.0.2.20101008.1.734229

How to get the currently distributed version? (ES3)  - Do I need to completely uninstall, deactivate, re-download, reinstall? If so, will my license work properly?

thanks

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Users in the States could upgrade to ADEP Document Services Designer 10.

The latest version is LiveCycle Designer ES3. As far as I know this is the same under the hood as the ADEP version from last year.

The website (http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/designer/) indicates that you can either purcahse/upgrade to a ES3 module and get Designer ES3. Or you can purcahse Acrobat Pro (for Windows). That said, I am not sure what version is bundled with Acrobat X (it may still be LC Designer 9).

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks Niall - but the download attached to that link tracks to Designer ES2. I already have Acrobat X Pro - which had LCDesigner 9 bundled. Adobe's website seems to state that they are now bundling Designer ES3 with Acrobat X Pro. It's rather unclear...

Tabi

Level 10

Hi,

I see that now. The initial page starts off as ES3, but when you get to the download a free trial page, it states ES2.

Not sure what the status is.

I suspect that the main focus is on the other modules. Probably better to give it a week or so and then try again.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 10

Hi Radzmar,

My trouble with that link in the past is that it is for the US Store. When I try and process it kicks back to the Irish Store, which does not have ADEP Designer 10.

I have Designer 10, but via a roundabout route.

Niall

Level 10

Hi Niall,

in the german store I was able to order the Designer without any problem, so I was guessing it would be available generally from Adobe.

Also, I just checked the irish store and it is available too.

Maybe it took some weeks to make it available in some countries.

https://store2.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-IE&event=displayProduct&categoryPath...

Level 10

Ha, the joys of online shopping

Have a great weekend!!

Niall

Former Community Member

I am out of the office until 03/26/2012.

I am out of the office on Vacation and will be returning Monday 3/26/12.

For immediate assistance, please email PAS Technology Team for issues &

questions.

For Laser App support, call Laser App directly at 800-985-2174.

I will respond to emails / calls when I return to the office. Thank you.

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[LiveCycle Designer

ES] Upgrade LC Designer 2.5 to 3 for Acro Pro X?" sent on 3/16/2012 3:21:45

This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.