Skip navigation
AboveBeyond1111111
Currently Being Moderated

Naming Page's in Page Panel?

Mar 16, 2012 6:51 AM

Is there a way to name the pages in the Pages Panel?  Since I am linking to dozens of pages, it's hard to identify which page contains which document.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 16, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to AboveBeyond1111111

Not really.

The Links Panel lets  you sort by page number. And the filename is associated to the Link.

If you click the link you get a wider scope of that link.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to AboveBeyond1111111

Since I am linking to dozens of pages

Linking in the sense of creating hyperlinks to pages? If so, I would suggest linking to a text anchor instead of a page number/name. In the event of adding or removing pages, links to specific pages will be rendered useless.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 12:42 PM   in reply to AboveBeyond1111111

This is a two step process, first define your destination(text anchor), then define the hyperlink, here is an example:

Go to page 1(not TOC page), with text cursor highlight/select "1. Orange" Then from the Hyperlinks Panel > flyout > New Hyperlink Destination > Type: Text Anchor + Name: This will autoplace the selected text, which in this case is "1. Orange"

Repeat for Grapes + Apples

Go to TOC page, with text cursor highlight/select "1. Orange" Then from the Hyperlinks Panel > flyout > New Hyperlink > Link To: Text Anchor + Destination Text Anchor: the pull down will have all of your text anchors, for this select hyperlink, select "1. Orange"

Repeat for Grapes + Apples

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 1:03 PM   in reply to AboveBeyond1111111

The method I described, you can select a visible rectangle appearance and some different highlights (when link is clicked in pdf).

You can create the hyperlinks with separate rectangles, but this may be harder to manage if you are adding or deleting various toc entries, and then you have to manually adjust the hyperlink rectangle.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 1:18 PM   in reply to AboveBeyond1111111

Regardless if you use text or an object for a hyperlink, you still need to create the destination first. Once this is completed, all the destinations will be in pull down menu:

links.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to AboveBeyond1111111

And I see what you are talking about: once you create a hyperlink with an object, the entry name into the hyperlink panel is generic. The method of selecting text will auto populate the name of the hyperlink with what you have selected.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points