Skip navigation
filmman014
Currently Being Moderated

Computer CONSTANTLY restarts while editing with premiere and after effects

Mar 14, 2012 2:24 AM

Whenever i edit in premiere or after effects, my computer will always just randomly restart.  It normally does it more in after effects than premiere, but lately, it has been doing it a lot in premiere, sometimes as much as every 15 minutes.    Here are my specs:

Windows 7 64 Bit

i7 Processor

12GB Ram

4tb Raid system

NVIDA GEFORCE video card

800 watt power supply

3ghz speed

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I have been told that it could be the video card before, but I highly doubt that my video card is not sufficient enough for basic video editing on premiere, as I know many people who have worse video cards that edit with no problem.  Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 2:30 AM   in reply to filmman014

Restarts are indiciative of a hardware problem. PSU, memory, temps, etc. Start there or give more details.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 2:37 AM   in reply to filmman014

Any Blue scream?

Make sure the Grafic Card is well conected to the power. Sound like a problem whith the GPU.

Normaly if is a CPU or ram have problem it show a blue scream with a error number.

Tell me a bit more of your pc. Model of ram, GPU, HHD. etc...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 5:44 AM   in reply to filmman014

This is a pretty polluted system. Might have something to do with the restarts. Have you considered cleaning up all those DirectShow filters?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 6:10 AM   in reply to filmman014

There is no memtion of what version on Premiere you are using.also you have Pinnacle Hardware installed you also have a Soundblaster installed, I think any or all of these could be potential conflicts

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to Bill Gehrke

Bill Gehrke wrote:

There is no memtion of what version on Premiere you are using.also you have Pinnacle Hardware installed you also have a Soundblaster installed, I think any or all of these could be potential conflicts

The best thing I ever did for eliminating crashes and blue screens was to get rid of my Creative Audigy.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

Yep. The Audigy is never properly supported in any 64-bit Windows environment. In fact, the Audigy series of cards are not true 24-bit audio cards to begin with: They only pass through unprocessed 24-bit audio as 24-bit via the SPDIF out. But if that 24-bit audio must go through the processor (DSP), it gets automatically converted to only 16 bits and a quantization rate of only 48kHz - and using a very destructive alogarithm. And anything that is output via the analog outs must also go through the DSP and/or the DAC (which itself is only capable of 16-bit/48kHz operation).

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 9:57 PM   in reply to filmman014

I'd take a look at this ARTICLE on BSOD, even if you are not noticing such. Be sure to see the link on "Finding Clues," and let us know what Event Viewer has to say about the System and the Applications, at the time of the crashes.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2012 1:14 PM   in reply to filmman014

You may need to get a better ventalation and make sure you have ample circulation to cool down the computer. I noticed that your videocard uses shared memory and so it is not really a dedicated video card. If you can use another card in another slot and use your current one of GUI functions and use another nvidia card for GPU functions then that may take the load off your current card. If you use multiple monitors then put your main monitor on your current card and your supplimental monitor to the 2nd card so premiere can recognize it and use it for CUDA.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points