Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 Design Standard: cannot install on OSX 10.7.3

Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had this same version of CS4 Design Standard installed on my MacBook Pro.It worked well until the Adobe updater prompted me to download and install an update. I followed that recommendation. The update files did download, but when I wanted to install it, I got an error message saying that the update cannot be installed and that I need to uninstall CS4, install it again and then do the update again.

I uninstalled CS4 and also minutely followed instructions on http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/829/cpsid_82947.html. But CS4 does not install.

I can start the installation disc, but then the process gets stuck (ie loops for hours) in somewhere half way through.

Please help. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Manish. I tried all the proposed solutions. Unfortunately, none of them were successful.

Any further hints or help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing from the new user account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created new user account. Installation ended midway (ie the installer program exits by itself).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No further recommendations from anyone?

Or does Adobe not want to admit that CS4 cannot be safely installed on OSX 10.7.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waseem_Zurich I would recommend utilizing the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to review your installation logs and attempt to identify a solution.

If you would prefer you can review the logs yourself utilizing Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.  This document contains the exact same steps I would utilize if myself or another Adobe technician were to review your logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thank you. I reviewed both Troubleshoot with install logs for CS5 and CS4 (I am trying to install CS4), but did not find the errors described therein.

Also, I did utilize the Adobe Support Advisor. But that returned the message that there does not seem to be any problem.

However, the installation routine still exits at a random point.

Can I send you the log file, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Navigate to the log files in one of the following folders:

Mac OS: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/

The log filename includes the product name and install date , followed by “.log.gz.” The extension .gz indicates a compressed format

Use a decompression utility such as WinZip or StuffIt to decompress the .gz file. Once uncompressed, the log file is a plain text file

Open the .log file in a text editor such as TextEdit (Mac OS).
And then copy and paste the log file in the pastebin.com website and post the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2012 Mar 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to do this, but pastebin says: "You have exceeded the maximum file size of 500 kilobytes per paste."

Can I send you the log file as an attachment or send you a download link on Dropbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure, the public download link of the dropbox will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) enable root user account :, look this link for details http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1528

2) Uninstall CS4

3) run the cleaner tool , which can be downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

4) Delete the following folder :-

Applications/Adobe*

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe*
          /Library/Application Support/Adobe*
          /Library/Application Support/FLEXnet Publisher/

/Users/[user]/Library/Application Support/Adobe*

and then re-install the software,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Performed the steps 1-4.

Question: Should I re-install while logged in with the root user account, or with my own account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re-install while logged in with the root user account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem prevails: installation begins but then exits randomly with no further comment. Disc is not ejected, neither is disc 2 prompted. - What to do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already did so after Jeff A Wright had recommended this on 6 March. Did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waseem_Zurich can you please utilize the Package for Support option within the Adobe Support Advisor.  If you can then please respond to this thread with the token number it provides you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The token number is 00-35538-001419032012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waseem_Zurich I can see why you had difficulty with the installation logs.  They are fairly full of updates and installation information.  Can you please delete /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/.  Then try the installation again in the root user account. 

This will generate a fresh install log so we can more accurately see what is occurring during the installation process.  When you are done if you can please respond to this thread with your updated Token number and I will look at the newly created install logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I followed your instructions, here is the new token number: 00-48031-021723032012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waseem_Zurich are you sure the applications are not available in your Applications folder?  Are you perhaps receiving an error message when trying to launch the applications?

The only error I saw was it seemed to be having some difficulty with the language set on your computer but that did not appear to be a fatal error.  Do you possibly have your language set for British English as opposed to English?  Did you purchase CS4 in North America?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Waseem.  Interesting because your installation logs are not showing problems beyond some switching of which language you are using.  The last suggestion I have would be to try the following:

1. Remove the software using the Uninstaller in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers
  2. Run the CS5 Cleaner Tool which can be found earlier in this thread
  3. Reboot your computer with the shift key held down until you see Welcome to Mac OS 10 Safe Boot
  4. Log in as a Root User while in Safe Boot
  5. Try the installation again

This will help us ensure all the components are removed, that you have full read/write permissions, and that there is no third-party software or kernel extensions which could be interfering with the installation process.

It is likely that you have the International English version of the CS4 since you purchased the software in the Switzerland.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines