Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

P2 720p 59.94 importing error in video

Mar 18, 2012 8:11 PM

I’m seeing a little vertical green line, about 3 or 4 pixels wide on the right side of the screen whenever I import 720p footage from P2. It doesn’t matter what the sequence settings are. It appears in any sequence settings, 1080i or 720p. It only appears on 720p footage. I have tried the playback setting to no avail. The line appears in not only in the viewer windows, but it can be seen on the exported video as well. I know my camera is not causing it because the 720p files good in Final Cut, and Apple finder preview. I have attached a still jpeg taken from a time line. Well, it's hard to see in this attachment but if you drag the image to your desk top you can see it. 

Does anybody have an idea what’s causing this?

green line example.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2012 9:54 AM   in reply to ENG Dean

Upload a short clip so we can test on other systems.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 9:09 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

We need to know a lot more if we're going to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961741

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 2:02 AM   in reply to ENG Dean

Have you tried without the AJA Kona?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to ENG Dean

What were your exact export settings from the Win 7 rig?  (Post a screen shot if you can.)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 2:53 PM   in reply to ENG Dean

If you put the original source video somewhere where we can download it, I'll have a look. (Uploading to YouTube doesn't make the original source media accessible for download.)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to ENG Dean

When I open your source MXF file in Premiere Pro or After Effects, I see a magenta column of pixels on the left side, and a green column on the right side.

To compare, I tried to open the same media in Final Cut Pro 7, but it doesn't recognize the file. But you said that you were able to import this MXF file in FCP? And in Preview? I can't.

|
    Mark as:
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Mar 20, 2012 3:59 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I don't see the problem in either program.

Pr 5.0.3

Ae 10.0.2.4

Pr.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 4:03 PM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

Thanks, Joe.

I'll try in CS5 now. My tests were in CS5.5.

[time passes]

Confirmed. I don't see this in CS5 applications, either.

I'm off to file a bug.

Dean, do you mind if I include your file in the bug report and give the engineers your email address in case they want to follow up with you?

|
    Mark as:
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Mar 20, 2012 4:08 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Here is the .mp4 and .MXF in Ae.

Ae.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to ENG Dean

I also get the green and magenta too in CS5.5

GLenn

picture121.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 4:28 PM   in reply to Powered by Design

Yep. Problem occurs in CS5.5 applications, but not CS5. I've filed a bug.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to ENG Dean

Hello,

I confirm that this bug (the vertical green line) is in Premiere Pro CS6 Retail version also.

I have the bug only with Panasonic P2 cards AVC-intra 100 content, currently my tested footage is 29.97fps, 1280x720, from a Panasonix HPX-370p. P2 files in DVDproHD (from a Panasonic HVX-200) are fine, no vertical line at all.

The bug occurs only when the CUDA Mercury Playback Engine GPU Accelation is ON. When it is turned OFF, the green line is gone. The bug is only with 720p resolution, with 1080p content there is no green line.

I can see the small vertical green line in both my timeline, and worst, in any formats of exported videos; very bad for clients. Again, only with P2 files in AVC-intra 100 at 720p.

These are my specs : Intel Core i7-3930K 6-cores 3.2GHz, no overclock, 32GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 1.25GB with latest Nvidia drivers 301.42, SSD system drive, HDDs editing drives. Premiere Pro CS6.01

Is Adobe planning a patch release for CS6 to correct this issue???

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to Olivier_Mtl

Ugh, I just sent our Panasonic P2 camera back for service because of this thinking it was a dead line of pixels on the sensor! When the panasonic tech could not replicate the issue I decided to search the forum here and found this.

I get the green vertical line on the right most pixels showing up in CS6 on both our MAC an PC systems. I see it with both Intra-50 and 100 (it is thinner with intra-50). Our footage is shot on an AG-HPX250 at AVC-I-100-720 / 29.97PN  (720P30).

Update: I went back and looked at some footage using Panasonics P2 viewer Plus software and can confirm that the green line does not show up there.

Message was edited by: jefbak

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 9:52 AM   in reply to joe bloe premiere

Hi, I was just wondering if there was any news on what causes the green vertical line. We are still getting it after importing P2 AVC-INTRA 100 footage from our HPX-250 camcorder. Originally I sent the camcorder in for repair thinking it was the camera, but then learned it was something going on the NLE or ingest side.

Is there a knowledge base article or faq on how to troubleshoot this? Is there more information needed? It can be really hard to catch until you see your footage on a big screen and then have to scale up every clip to remove it (easy to forget and annoying).

Update:

The green line appears on the export side. The preview window in the export settings box will display it (right side, vertical), and it ends up in the final product.

Sorry for any cross posting on this.

Link to mxf footage: https://smith.box.com/s/qk69dq0t3siqc0hvfcth

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points