Skip navigation
soulburner_spb
Currently Being Moderated

Alchemy 2

Mar 10, 2012 11:05 AM

Tags: #alchemy #alchemy2

I've read that fp 11.2 will support only new version of Alchemy. But I couldn't find any information on this. Where can I find info on Alchemy2?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2012 7:06 PM   in reply to soulburner_spb

it is not released yet

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 7:38 AM   in reply to andrey.mironov

Hmm, both the Unity and Unreal 3D engines work with Flash player 11.2 and they are very unlikely to work without using Alchemy.

Which suggests that both Unity and Unreal have "pre-release" versions of the new version of Alchemy. But as, you say, we can't find any information.

My suspicion is that the flash player team are allowed to give us hints and sneak previews of new flash player features but the new alchemy compiler probably comes under a different team who have been ordered to keep quiet

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 5:05 AM   in reply to SeaBream

We could really do with an official update here from Adobe re what's happening with Alchemy being part of a commercially supported product. I'm hoping for increased performance!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 8:28 AM   in reply to Nick Brown

We should be announcing more details over the next couple of weeks. And yes, the unreal demo was compiled using Alchemy 2

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to alexmac@adobe.com

I wonder if its still going to be dependent on threading being implemented in Flash (as mentioned at adobe max).  It seems like that feature is never going to come out.

The longer adobe drags their feet on this (4 years and counting), the more compelling things like emscripten become.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2012 3:04 AM   in reply to alexmac@adobe.com

Can we all please get an update on Alchemy 2 release date? I don't understand what is so difficult about keeping lines of communication open with your development community. We love your products, that's why we have devoted our livelihood to them. Please help ease our anxieties with a little information. Weekly updates would be nice.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2012 4:07 PM   in reply to asherritt1

It will be released later this year, you can sign up for the pre-release here if you want to beta test it: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=FYonhPd8lGDTb13YuB-5rg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2012 10:15 PM   in reply to alexmac@adobe.com

Thank you for the quick response. I have gone ahead and signed up. Thanks again!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to alexmac@adobe.com

I signed up for the pre-release months ago but haven't gotten any responses.  Is it only to a select few?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to paleozogt

There is a lot of interest and people are being added in waves, you'll get an email when you are added

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 4:48 PM   in reply to alexmac@adobe.com

You should both have invites now, and we're apparently adding people in weekly waves so if anyone else wants to get into the pre-release please fill out the form here and you won't have to wait long:

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=FYonhPd8lGDTb13YuB-5rg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 5:16 PM   in reply to alexmac@adobe.com

I do. thank you. I've started reviewing the tutorials today. It's new stuff to me, but so far I've been able to follow. Very exciting. Thanks again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points