Skip navigation
vixotechnologies
Currently Being Moderated

Blackberry Playbook + Android = Adobe Content Viewer not playing latest builds (PDF Stacks)

Mar 19, 2012 3:43 PM

Hi,

My client wants to create digital publication on the iPad, Android Tablet and Blackberry Playbook.

I've install the latest FOLIO Producer (FolioProducerTools-CS55-1-9-1.zip) and FOLIO Panel (FolioPanel-CS55-12_1_3.zip) in Adobe CS 5.5 (PC) and i've created a test folio (with PDF Stacks including multimedia elements (video + HTML 5)

When I open the folio via Adobe Content Viewer on the iPad (with my Acrobat Account), everything is OK.

But doing the same thing on the blackberry Playbook (OS 2 latest updates) with Adobe Content Viewer 2.1.1, I cannot download the FOLIO. I get an error message telling me to update the application.

On Android version (2.4.1.0.43718) I can download the Folio, but cannot start it. I get an error message telling me PDF stacks are not supported.

If I go through the process of creating an application, will i be able to use the latest Producer + Panel to create ONE application that i can publish on the Appstore, Android Market and Playbook Store ? If not, what version do I need to wait for ?

When will the Adobe Content Viewer will be upgraded on Android and Adobe Playbook to support the latest folio versions ?

If I have to REVERT my Indesign with previous version of Producer + Panle, what are the actual Producer + Panel to install to support each platform ? And do I have to have multiple PC to create the developement environments for each platform ?

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2012 5:28 PM   in reply to vixotechnologies

Playbook is no longer supported.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,629 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2012 5:31 PM   in reply to vixotechnologies

The BlackBerry PlayBook is no longer supported. Publishers did not show enough interest in creating apps for the platform to justify the development and testing resources.

If you want your app to appear in Android Market, you probably want it to appear in Amazon Appstore as well.

On Android, folios with PDF articles are not supported. Use a different image format. The Android Market viewer is up to date. We're still waiting on Apple and Amazon to approve.

I'm not sure if you're asking whether you can create a single app for each platform or a single folio for each platform. Apple uses the .ipa format and Android/Amazon use .apk. You need to create and submit separate viewer apps. Use the Viewer Builder to create apps.

Here are some links:

DPS Help

Create documents for multiple devices

Create folio renditions

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to vixotechnologies

Even the BlackBerry PlayBook is no longer supported by Adobe DPS, it is supported by BlackBerry. Use your Android DPS viewer (Amazon version) to make BAR file format for PlayBook:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/

I don't have PlayBook to try it yet, but got BAR file with no problems. It should work.

Regards,

Gennady

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points