Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CF card reader for photo impport does not show on LR3

Mar 19, 2012 4:55 PM

Firsst I'm a newbie to Apple and LR3 and using Scott Kelby's LR3 book to start. Incredible as it may be I'm stuck beyond Step 2 (the very beginning of the book) in trying to import photos, first form a DVD and also from a CF card reader. The error message on my DVD says that there is an initialization error (OK, OK , the DVD with photos was created on another laptop, running on Windows Vista, so it may be a Read Only file). Aside from that, however, my CF card with photos does not even show up on LR3.

I have gone to System Preferences and changed the way I want CDs and DVDs to show. In both cases I changed it to "Open in LR3". Is that wrong?

Here is a Screen shot of LR3 Library when  tryingn to import photos. No (CF card) drive is shown. (Hope it shows)

file://localhost/Users/dennisluz/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202012-03-19%20 at%204.29.50%20PM.png
I'm getting desperate as I have spent many hours trying to figure how LR3 works. I have created "My LR Photos" folder in LR and I was hoping to create additional subfolders under the above to store all my photos.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 12, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to birderpp

It's a hardware problem between your computer and your card reader, LR has nothing to do with the problem.  If the computer shows a connection to the card reader, Lr can read from it and everything will be fine,

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points