• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash video won't play on some sites

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to watch a video on a few websites that says they're running Flash. They're 2 news piece & not an interactive Flash. I don't know what you would call the difference. Flash video vs Flash file? But anyway, there's a space where the video should be but nothing is there. When I view the website on my PC the video is there. I've tried reinstalling the player. I've tried different settings but nothing works. I need to view this video on my Mac & not my PC. I've tried using Firefox & Chrome but the same thing happens. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening & how to correct it. I don't know if this helps but I swear a week ago when I first pulled up the sites the video was there. I just didn't get to watch them right away. My problem started when I went back to watch them later.

Thanks in advance,

Maryanne

I'm running Flash 10,3,183,17 on a MAC Pro G5 quad-core intel xeon with OS X version 10.5.8.

These are the 2 websites that I've been trying to view video on:

http://fox4kc.com/2012/01/25/community-colleges-ready-to-train-after-presidents-speech/

http://www.equalvoiceforfamilies.org/2012/obama-decries-rising-cost-of-college-education/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried these videos on Chrome with my Macbook and they displayed properly.  I noticed that in both cases, the video is prefaced with an advertisement.  Do you have any ad blocking software / plugins running?  If you right click on the area where the video should be, do you see the Flash Player context menu?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris: As far as I can tell I'm not using any ad blocking software. Do you know how I can tell if a plugin is running? When I right click there's these option available.  Picture 4.png Ususally when I rightt click there's more info. like Picture 5.png

Could I be missing some plugin or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For videos other than youtube not playing...from any site. Go to GLOBAL SETTINGs in your Settings Manager

BE sure the tiny box marked 'Allow third party videos to play is checked'  (it isnt' when you download originally!)

Then you need to allow your computer to download something by moving the 'Amount  Stored lever right' to some amount.  I would take a pic. But right now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to even get to my Settings Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines