Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Fireworks CS4 questions / Saved Commands

Mar 11, 2012 10:36 AM

I have a digital workflow whereby I export from PS CS4 a directory's worth of TIF images to PNG images and to a sub-directory.

In Fireworks CS4 I then "try" to run a saved command.  It works, after a fashion but with several issues.

Issue #1:  I want the width to be 600pixels and the height should vary depending on the original image's height.  However, when I run my saved command on other images it sets both dimensions to that of the initial image.  Is there a way around this?

Issue #2:  I export the image, it gets me smaller files and I don't need all the extras, just the flat image; unchecking Include areas without slices.  However, when I run my saved command it sometimes checks the Include areas without slices.  Is there any way around this?  At present for each image I have to open it and save each file to get the small files averaging less than half that of the regular Fireworks PNG.  For a directory containing over 800 images this can be time consuming.

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to A. Wayne Webb

What is your saved command? Can you post it here? Not sure I followed either of the issues precisely or what you are trying to accomplish.

Aaron

http://fireworks.abeall.com

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 13, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to A. Wayne Webb

#1 - So this is all one script in Fireworks? Or the first part is a Photoshop script? Have you tried the "Scale" options in the Batch Process? Try "Scale to Fit Area" -- this will allow you to resize while maintaining aspect ratio, so you could resize all images to fit inside a specified width and height, so the height would vary based on the width.

#2 - It's definitely possible to make a script that exports without exporting slices or including areas without slices.

Can you attach the script itself? You'll find it in your user directory if it was saved from within Fireworks, something like {User application directory}/Adobe/Adobe Fireworks CS5/Configuration/Commands

I think you can get batch process to work for you without a custom script, though.

Aaron

http://fireworks.abeall.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points