• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I clear my Flash Player cache and settings?

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following steps will show you how to delete all Flash Player data stored by websites on your computer.  To remove all browsing history, please see your browser documentation for clearing its cache or use a third party cleaner (see the end of this FAQ for links).

1. Close all browser windows

2. Open your system control panel or preferences and open the Flash Player control panel

3-20-2012 11-01-40 AM.png

3. Select the Storage tab and click the "Delete All..." button.  Please note that the "Advanced" tab also contains a "Delete All..." button and the behavior and functionality are identical.

3-20-2012 11-04-20 AM.png

4. Verify that the "Delete All Site Data and Settings" checkbox is checked and click the "Delete Data" button

3-20-2012 11-11-05 AM.png

You've now cleared your Flash cache and can restart your browser.  For additional details on this functionality and the Flash Player Settings Manager, please see this help document:

Using the Local Settings Manager

For information on how to clear your browser cache and history, please see:

Internet Explorer

Firefox

Chrome

Safari

I've also found that CCleaner can be a helpful tool for clearing cache and temporary files from a system.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021
Close all browser windows. Open your system control panel or preferences and open the Flash Player control panel. Select the Storage tab and click the "Delete All..." button. ..Verify that the "Delete All Site Data and Settings" checkbox is checked and click the "Delete Data" button.

[moderator: link removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also manually accomplish this task by deleting the contents of the following folders:

Windows (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in an Explorer window)

• %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
  • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Macintosh

• ~\Library\Preferences\Macromedia\Flash Player\
  • ~\Library\Caches\Adobe\Flash Player\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also here for thanks for sharing it. Due to this, I have faced many issues like glitches during work. Good work Buddy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Close all browser windows. Open your system control panel or preferences and open the Flash Player control panel. Select the Storage tab and click the "Delete All..." button. ..Verify that the "Delete All Site Data and Settings" checkbox is checked and click the "Delete Data" button.

[moderator: link removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines