Skip navigation
subtlefly72
Currently Being Moderated

Would should or could there be performance difference of a flash file between computer and cd?

Mar 20, 2012 3:28 PM

Hi team,

I am working on this cd-rom and have just reached testing stage for part 1 (of 5).  There are lots of interactive activities, video and animations.  For the activities, I dont know if I am just too tired but there seems to be items which are visible on my .swf on my computer that sometimes are visible and sometimes are not visible on the cd-rom, also in testing yesterday there sere some activities that seemed to not be working correctly (Althought they perform fine on the desktop version, on a reset of the cd-rom they then seemed to work.  Is there anything that I need to take into account for the code being read off a CD to make it more bullet proof?  I am stressing out a bit at the Unknown factor- I cannot continue to produce this resource if I cannot guarantee how it will perform in real life?

Any advice?

Cheers

Sub

Replies
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 20, 2012 5:02 PM   in reply to subtlefly72

there may (and probably are) different flash player versions in your browser and the stand-alone player.  otherwise, there should be no significant differences in performance.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 20, 2012 5:39 PM   in reply to subtlefly72

it would be unusual to need preloaders for local files (unless you're using a goto in frame 1 of a movieclip with a large number of frames).

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Mar 20, 2012 10:07 PM   in reply to subtlefly72

if there's an objectionable delay, then you're correct:  preloading will definitely help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points