Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

cs6 for color blind people

Mar 18, 2012 3:38 PM

Hi,

I'm color blind. Which means I can't see color. Dogs are like that too I think... they see in black and white. Something about rods and cones in the eyeball.

anyway, I wonder... since I'm about to get into editing etc... if there is a plug in or something I can use with cs5.5 ( or upcoming releases) to do automatic color correction on things I edit ????

So that I get the right color.

Not for " me " , you understand, cause I can't see color anyway... but for " you " and others that can actually see colors.

I'm not thinking of myself here... like a selfish user of program.

I'm thinking of your own happiness.

Any suggestions ???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 18, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to able123

Rod,

I was going to ask about the "degree" of color blindness, as there are many. Also, some can be affected within fairly narrow color ranges. However, that example is pretty distinct to me (well before Wine Thirty gets cranking - then all bets are off).

Now, PrPro offers an Auto Color Corrector Effect. However, I have really not explored it, as most other "Auto" Effects only work, when lighting, exposure, and about everything else, stays constant in a Clip. When there are any changes, the Effect tends to "strobe," and that is for Auto Levels, Highlight & Shadow on Auto, etc.. Just do not know how Auto Color functions, as I use Fast Color Corrector, or Three-Way Color Corrector.

Maybe a pair of John Lennon "rainbow eye glasses" would be helpful? However, I would speculate that the colors that he saw were at least partially enhanced by other stimuli?

Sorry to hear about the color blindness. In the work of yours, that I saw, I did not realize that your vision was limited at all.

Maybe others will have some insight on Auto Color from a 3rd party provider, that does not suffer from the usual issues with Adobe's implementation of almost any Auto Effect.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - maybe just before you retire, you could claim that your "disability" is the direct result of working under HMI lighting, and get a pot-o-money.

|
    Mark as:
  • joe bloe premiere
    4,391 posts
    Dec 6, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 19, 2012 5:25 AM   in reply to able123

You've found your "Special Purpose"!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to able123

Rod,

Just so that you know, I was not poking fun at the color blindness "thing." I take eyesight very seriously, especially as mine is going.

I can no longer get to 20/20 with glasses, and only with contacts. However, as I suffer from astigmatism, and to a degree, where contacts cannot correct it, I am caught in a gray area. My near vision is also declining rapidly too. I now need to wear the contacts for sports, long daylight driving, etc., but then need at least two pair of different readers for almost anything within about 20', with one featuring anastigmatic correction. Get me into a dim restaurant, and I need readers to even see my food, but different readers for the menu. With night driving, I need readers way out on the tip of my nose, to see the dashboard clearly, but not to interfere with my distant vision. With my glasses, I use one set for distance, one set with anastigmatic corrections and graduated focal lengths (works well on the computer, but makes walking down stairs tricky), and then a pair with lineless bifocals, for general near-to-far. It's tough getting old, and having to carry around a box of various glasses, and contact lenses, switching out, depending on what I am doing - oh, I also need sunglasses of a couple of types, as well, since AZ has very bright skies with lots and lots of sun.

For me, I am fortunate, as the color recognition is still quite good. It's just the eyesight that is going, but at least those poor weak eyes ARE healthy. Being the visual person that I am, I would hate to imagine life without my sight.

No, no joking on my part.

Not sure what's up with your cross-word puzzles. Maybe the authors are all Craig's neighbors?

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2012 9:55 PM   in reply to able123

Forget about editing and color grading Rod.

Go out and continue your photography..of which I have just taken a look at.

Very, very  nice work.

Craig

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 7:10 PM   in reply to able123

F'ing Bogus!!!!!

I pray that it is Corel, but with reservations.

I have used WordPerfect from back to about WP 1.5, when it WAS WordPerfect, based in Orem, UT, USA. I struggled through the Novell days, and then the Corel days, but still use that program, as I like it much better, than Word. The latter is too "dumbed down," and because I use it on a limited basis, can never, never get it to do, what I want.

Then, there is Painter. I have used that program, from the old Fractal Design days. Love it. Corel bought it, and changed everything up, but I got by. I stll use it, but hate to think of Painter_x, like FCPx. Now, there was a Painter X, but it was OK. I am thinking of a complete rework, rendering the program totally useless.

I think that Apple needs to seel their "light days" iPads and iPhones (and maybe use batteries with more than 1 hour of life?). They should stay far, far away from Corel, and even farther away from Adobe. They will ruin either corporation. You have done a buzz-kill on my night, even with a glass of nice Meursault in front of me. I want to go into the corner of the yard and be sick... very sick.

Hunt

[Edit] If Apple buys either, then I will say a prayer of thanks that I am now retired, and have the latest Adobe and Corel, for my uses, and will never have to upgrade to an Apple version again. I will plod along with what I have, and just say good-bye.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 8:26 PM   in reply to able123

Wasn't paying attention, then I heard some "woofs" coming this thread...

Woof, woof!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2012 3:24 AM   in reply to able123

Woooof!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2012 5:55 PM   in reply to able123

Bulldogs do not abide with being denied cake. If necessary, they will stretch themselves, like The Incredibles, and get the cake. Sort of like the Bumpus' hounds.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt wrote:

Now, PrPro offers an Auto Color Corrector Effect. However, I have really not explored it, as most other "Auto" Effects only work, when lighting, exposure, and about everything else, stays constant in a Clip. When there are any changes, the Effect tends to "strobe," and that is for Auto Levels, Highlight & Shadow on Auto, etc.. Just do not know how Auto Color functions, as I use Fast Color Corrector, or Three-Way Color Corrector.

I know I'm late jumping in here, but figured I'd offer my first hand knowledge that the auto color corrector sucks just as badly as every other auto effects feature in PrPro...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 5:18 PM   in reply to able123

Dont you realize this forum has enormous impact on the continued evolution of the product ????

Yes, we all know that Todd hangs out here, to gather all of the "Feature Requests" for each new version. Why, he's probably already working a team of programers to do "Color Correction for Color Blind People."

BTW - Are you in MN yet?

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 6:50 PM   in reply to able123

Actualy all mammals except the apes see two colors, green and blue, so all they see is mixtures of green and blue. The apes including us see three colors. red, green and blue, giving us a much greater range of color. Birds can see four colors, red, green, blue and ultra-violet so their complexity of color vision is even greater. Insects can see ultra-violet too.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2012 4:42 PM   in reply to able123

Yeah dogs are not totaly color blind, but they are very warm sociable animals so they get on with anyone, they have no prejudices, so if they can just smell where you last urinated they will love you forever.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 7:09 AM   in reply to able123

I've been stinking busy recently... we lost our web programmer where I work, so they've dumped the web department on me as well... I've also had a headache with computer problems that has put me way behind on editing, so I've been swamped getting caught back up... but, hopefully I'll be here a little more often in the coming weeks...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2012 7:22 AM   in reply to able123

"16?" I thought that said "Beer Thirty... " Oh well, maybe it IS time to see my eye Doctor, after all.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points