Skip navigation
pgm820
Currently Being Moderated

Versions of Reader supported by Extending Features

Mar 21, 2012 6:16 AM

Tags: #signature #digital_signature #acrobat_x_pro #sign #acrobat_pro_x #signatures #extended_features #extend

Good morning,

I have created a fillable PDF form with a digital signature block.  I am using Acrobat X Pro.  I have saved the form as a Reader Extended PDF and Enabled Additional Features.  In testing the form, some users are able to successfully digitally sign, but others are not.  I have gone back to ask which version of Adobe Reader they're using (those who can't sign).  Is anyone aware that enabling those features will only support certain (recent) versions of Reader?  I believe opening the form in Apple's Preview program would be a problem as well -- they'd need to actually force it to open in Reader.  Am I missing something else?  Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2012 4:14 AM   in reply to pgm820

Hi PGM820,

You are correct here, There would be no problem to those customer who are using Adobe Reader to fill the PDFs however if they would be using Preview to fill the PDFs then they would not be able to sign. You have to ask them to use Adobe Reader for filling up the PDFs

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points