Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Noise Ninja Crashes Photoshop CS6

Mar 22, 2012 4:56 AM

I copied the Noise Ninja Plug In from CS5.1 to CS6 but when I try to use it, CS6 crashes.

Any suggestions/ideas.

Replies
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,060 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Mar 22, 2012 1:24 AM   in reply to Dailey Pike

Hello!

Copying over plug-ins is not recommended. They are supposed to be installed.

Make sure as well that if you point (in preferences/plug-ins)  to a previous plug-ins folder, that you do not do it for the root of the plug-in folder of your previous version of Photoshop. Do it for a folder that contains your third party plug-ins.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,060 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Mar 22, 2012 3:54 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

And please check the FAQ on the matter for the correct install procedure: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/965931?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,974 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Mar 22, 2012 4:05 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

ACR in CS5 is really quite good at noise removal.  I wonder if CS6 is even better?

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,060 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Mar 22, 2012 4:12 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

It was the 2010 process that helped a lot the de-noising. Try out the 2012 one... But I feel that it is especially better for tonal rendition.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2012 4:58 AM   in reply to Dailey Pike

Try reinstalling as Pierre suggests. If you manually just pulled the plug-in and dumped it in the plug-ins folder, you may have missed a resource file or messed with the Plug-in DRM.

Also, please submit all crash reports with your information and some details if you haven't already:

FAQ: Please submit all crash reports using Adobe Crash Reporter (Mac)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2012 2:31 PM   in reply to Dailey Pike

The root cause of this issue has been traced to an apparent bug in the public beta version of CS6.  Its been reported to Adobe and they are looking at it. There were no issues with CS6 m.122 and this problem started with the public beta release (m.415). Noise Ninja should not be crashing Photoshop because of this problem however.  It should merely report an error processing the image. PictureCode will release an update very soon.  The update will fix the crash of CS6 and I expect it to have a workaround for the CS6 problem as well.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points