• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Results on the Android market!

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2012 Mar 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got any good results on the Android market?

I've submited my game to the android market and got bad results... 1-3 installs per day... for the last 3 month

I don't see how I can get higher...

Anyone got any good results? Do we all having the same problem? is this Adobe's issue?

Thanks

Gil

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit it over to Amazon and NOOK your results will improve greatly. Android Market is junk right now its flooded with crap apps due to zero moderation and most users on there refuse to pay for anything, seems like only the biggest hits pull in any dough on there like angry birds and the like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transformed my fortunes with a wrestling game on the Android market simply by mentioning "Wrestling Game" in the title:
https://market.android.com/details?id=air.FlashStuntZ

After just one month, it is now closing in on 50,000 downloads with 30 5-star reviews.

Newcomers are heavily reliant on search results to build a fanbase, so you have to take advantage of the title and description. Use the description box to add a string of relevant key words at the bottom. Unfortunately, you have to "trick" fans of other games into checking out your app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MJD, contrats on such good results!

I see that some haters / competitors left very stupid comments too.

How do you monetize so many downloads?

thanks for your consultancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment, my priority is to build a following in anticipation of a better game worth buying - so the only promotion is self-promotion! I'm just taking all these players and turning them into Facebook followers. I have yet to research which advertizing solutions are available to Flash developers, but I've never been convinced by that business model anyway.

Mobile gamers tend to be a bit trigger happy with the 1-star reviews! The slightest inconvenience - such as having to read words with your eyes - will result in a scathing comment. iTunes is the worst for that, where the project was crippled out of the gate by people who couldn't be bothered to read the description:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flash-stuntz/id499864979?mt=8

My apps have to be more foolproof going forward...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well "MDickie",

this is a very well planned (and long-term) business plan!

I wonder how you managed to have the executable to be only 12.2 MBs. I thought that one of the problem with AIR in iTunes was executables > 20 MBs? At least with Flash Builder it's a known issue. Maybe not the same for Flash Professional. However, now you can download up to 50 MB apps on cellular connection (since two days ago).

And I see you have the Flash-on-iTunes issue of all the languages being listed in the game's description. My app had a one-star review (the first review) exactly for this Flash "shortcoming" (some-one complaining I did not support Russian as stated).

Break a leg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MJD, how many startups do you have per day?

Do you show Ads?

If that captive runtime?

Thanks

Gil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get poor results on the android store. I have about 10 apps on there and am lucky if I sell 1 a day of any of them. In fact I have the same exact app on apple store and android and it's free on android and I sell it for 99c on apple. I get more paid downloads per day of the app on the apple store than I get free downloads on the android market.

Today I got 143 sales on the apple app store and 250 free downloads. On the andorid market I got 2 downloads for sale and 10 free downloads

Amazon store is a little better - I got 5 paid downloads today on there (I have 10 apps), and nook I got 1 (but I only have 1 app on the nook store).

The one app I have on the nook store if I show you the comparison on the other stores in the last 4 days it looks like this. It's a bubble popping app that I charge $0.99 for on all stores but andorid where it is currently free

Monday

Apple - 8 downloads

Nook - 5 downloads

Amazon - 0 downloads

Google - 5 free downloads

Tuesday

Apple - 9 downloads

Nook - 6 downloads

Amazon - 0 downloads

Google - 6 free downloads

Wednesday

Apple - 4 downloads

Nook - 1 downloads

Amazon - 0 downloads

Google - 1 free downloads

Thursday

Apple - 3 downloads

Nook - 1 downloads

Amazon - 0 downloads

Google - 6 free downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines