Skip navigation
rolf2013
Currently Being Moderated

"Trial Expired" after installation of leaked/pirated build issue (Win7)

Mar 23, 2012 11:25 AM

Tags: #expired #pbf

The installatioin process is going ok. Starting the beta I got this message.

Trial Expired

Installing deinstalling dident show any difference.

OS is Windows 7 64bit ultimate

Any hints?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2012 9:05 AM   in reply to rolf2013

Same problem here.
    I've tried to reinstall the program several times. I've also uninstalled CS5 and cleaned the registry and tempfiles.

My specs:

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. SP1.

Asrock 1155 motherboard, i7 2600K CPU, 2xHD5970 GPU. 

Edit: You may want to change your topic as this doesnt really explains our problem and makes this thread dissapear in the 20 other threads with the same topic.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to rolf2013

Better topic, thank you.

Same for me.

Here is a screenshot of the error-message:

http://faniskogen.sceneofdecay.com/pages/upload/upload/cs6.jpg

I will try later to install the beta on our hackintosh and see if that will work.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to Faniskogen

Thanks for the screenshot.

Did you enter your Adobe ID during the original installation process?

FAQ: How do I activate the Photoshop CS6 beta?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 9:45 AM   in reply to Jeffrey Tranberry

No problem, thank you for a super-fast reply!

I did create a new Adobe ID when asked to. It's after I've logged in with my new ID that the expired-message appear.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 9:53 AM   in reply to rolf2013

OK. Thanks for the info. I will need to let the install experts weigh in.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to rolf2013

I'll try that as well untill there is another solution. Please let us know when there is a solution and I'll try that!

My last reply wasn't quite correct. First I log in with my new Adobe ID, then install the program and after that, the expire-message appear when I try to open Photoshop.

So photoshop installs fine but I can't open it.

Edit: Unfortunatly, setting the time back a few years didn't solve the problem for me. Still gets the expired-message.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to rolf2013

Same here. Bridge is working fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to rolf2013

If you relaunch the App now, does it allow for a trial?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to rolf2013

I'm getting an expired message as well. It just says "0 days left, but I can try it one more time". Is a clean install. I do have CS5.5 beside it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 1:09 PM   in reply to dpDesignz

Now the message doesn't appear anymore, now I get some links to the forum and tutorials. The expire-issue seems to still be there tough because the "continue trial"-button is greyed out and the only button I can click on is the "license this software".

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 1:47 PM   in reply to rolf2013

The cause of this issue has been resolved. Please try to re-launch Photoshop and it should work now. Please confirm by posting here.

Thanks

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to Pattie F

Unfortunatly, the problem is still here for me.
    I've tried to uninstall the program, cleaned with a creative suite cleaner, cleaned the register and tempfiles with ccleaner and then installed cs6 again. But still I cant click on the "continue trial" button.

Edit: Can the issue be caused by some old trialversion I've had?

Edit2: Im about to move all files from one HDD to another so that I can do a new clean install of windows on that drive. Have planned to try Windows 8 beta for some time so this will be a good time to do that I think.
    Is the cs6 beta supposed to work in windows 8?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to rolf2013

[edited by moderator]

I've now tried to remove that line and reinstalled CS6 beta with cleaning registry etc. Also tried to re-add the line in hosts-file but with no further success.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 1:17 AM   in reply to Faniskogen

Hi,

Could you please confirm which Pre-version build of CS6 you installed and source of it.

Regards,

Ashutosh.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 1:29 AM   in reply to rolf2013

Trial Expired here to. Win 7 64x Ultimate.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 10:08 PM   in reply to Ashutosh.Nigam

Ofcourse.

I had a preversion named: "Adobe.Photoshop.CS6".

This version I got from, please forgive me but I couldn't resist to try it, [redacted]

I understand that this isn't something you normally support, but I would guess that quite alot of people who use photoshop also tried the (leaked?) prerelease.

Do you think this is the problem? I will try to install windows 8 now and see if the program installs and start there.

Edit: I'm sorry that I didn't come up with this earlier. But I had completely forgotten that earlier installation because I didn't used it more than maybe twice before I uninstalled it again.

Edit2: I don't think there was any kind of crack or similar involved with the earlier preversion install. But I did add the line in the hosts file in root\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts as I wrote earlier here in this thread.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Mar 23, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to Faniskogen

Excuse me, but do you realize that you are talking to Adobe officials about the fact that you procured yourself a pirated version of the program that makes them live, then come to ask for help?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 7:09 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

Yes, I do know that, ofcourse.

But I do think that they know, and probably count with it too, that alot of people had downloaded that preversion. And I also do think that they appreciate that I now are being honest with this so that they now are aware of the issue. Lots of people who later are going to buy the program (me for example) now has this problem, and then it's really good if they can solve the problem in it's beta-state rather than after CS6 has been officially released.

I also think that most of the poeple in this thread are having the problem because of earlier use of the preversion, then it's better to tell them straight away than pretend that nothing have happened and give the programmers a more difficult job when they could have had the reason straight away. 

Beta-testing is about testing the program in all different ways and then report issues to adobe, this include testing it in ways it's not really meant to be used in. So the more problem people discover in the beta-state the better.

Also, it's not like they had planned to sell the leaked(?) preversion, so we haven't really done any harm here I hope, just discovered a possiblem future problem wich now can be fixed, even if it will need a reinstallation of the OS.

OT:

I also don't think piracy is all evil. Many people would not have bought a really expensive program like this if they had not been able to try it out and learn it first. This, they could do beacuase there where pirated versions available.
    I can tell that I'm one of those, and also many of my friends, and grandparents. We have now bought the program only because we could test it and learn it thoroughly first.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Mar 23, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to Faniskogen

That's your point of view, but...

Some of QE and other engineers time is lost because certain users played with something that was not meant to be played with.

Others genuine public beta testers might have dropped the ball : they now think that the beta is not easy to install because they don't know some other testers played with stuff they should not have gotten hold of...

And the problem only seems to be with users that downloaded a rogue version, so there is no problem for most people, and "honest" customers receive less support because of that.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 1:01 PM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

True, they now got one more problem to deal with, but now they atleast know what the cause for this issue can be. And if they don't want to take the time and make a fix for it, then it's not harder than ask us to reinstall Windows.

And since when are we that also tried the preversion not genuine beta testers?
    And why would people skip testing just because we made a thread here about our problem? If they can read they will understand that they will not have this issue.

Yes, this problem is probably a cause of the earlier installed version. But why wouldn't we be "honest" customers because we have tried this program in an early state? We still have bought the earlier officiall photoshop and will also buy CS6 when it is released.

Nothing wrong with the fact that we like photoshop so much and are eager to try the new one?

And I don't think that you need to care about the little time that the Officials have need to spend to look into our problem, I would care more about the time they need to spend on the people asking things over and over again which answers is listed in the FAQ's.

Enough of Off topic now.

For me, it's OK if Adobe doesn't want to spend time on fixing this issue, I'm more than OK with reformatting and reinstall Windows, which I'm about to do right now, I'm installing an Windows 8 Beta on another drive and will try the beta on that. Some Windows 8 testing wont hurt I think.

But, if you guys want to further investigate this I'm more than happy to continue testing possibly solutions. I'll keep this windows 7 install with my expire-problem and also keep an eye here in the thread to see what decision you will make.

EDIT: Just want to report that the beta works fine on my new windows 8 installment on the same computer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points