Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

data flows off page

Level 2

I have a form which is flowed and the rows and table are set to allow page breaks.  However, when a cell has more content than will fit on a certain page, it does not go to the next page, it just runs off the end of the page.  Does anyone know why?

Thanks!

15 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You need to set up the page as Flowed, so that the content will flow correctly. See this example here that shows the steps in setting up a flowed form with tables: http://assure.ly/gk8Q7a. Also this which looks at Poitioned versus Flowed layouts: http://assure.ly/eSGQMt and http://assure.ly/e2jR0C.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Thanks Niall.  From what I can tell, the subform which the table is in is Flowed.  The dynamic table is fine.  When I add rows everything moves appropriatly and it will even create rows on the next page.  The problem only occurs when one cell expands larger than the lengeth of the paper.  For instance, on the example you sent me, if the cell that contained "banannas" or "apples" contained enough copy that it expands larger than the whole length of the paper, the copy runs off the end of the page.  Does that make sense?

Level 10

Okay,

In that case, select the row and in the Object > Field palette make sure that "Allow page breaks in content" is ticked. This will need to also be ticked in containers up the hierarchy otherwise you will get an error.

Niall

Level 2

When you say containers up the hierarchy, what do you mean?  I have Allow page breaks in content ticked on each of the rows in the table as well as on the whole table itself and the data still flows off the page.  I am wondering if it will allow a single cell to be split between two pages.  I haven't seen any example where that is the case.  A whole table can be split, but can one cell of a table be on two dofferent pages.  (I wish my employees would just write less, lol!)

Level 10

Check the Warnings Tab, if there is a conflict in Allowing breaks, it will be highlighted there.

N. 

Level 2

I am running LiveCycle Designer 8.  Not sure if I have a warnings tab.  I looked at Help and it said I would find it in the report palette, but I can't find that!

Level 10

That's right. The Report palette has three tabs, one of which is Warnings. You can open the Report palette from the Window menu. It normally appears at the bottom of the screen (you may need to drag the handle up).

Highlighted by the green circle here:

LC Designer Workspace.png

Niall

Level 2

Found it!

Generating PDF Document...
Font Service: Default font typeface is Myriad Pro.
PDF generated successfully.

0 warnings/errors reported.

It still does not seem to be working though.  I tried to add a picture of what looks like, but I'm not sure how to add the right file type.

Level 10

Hi,

That is the Log tab. You need to check the Warnings tab. For example:

Parallels Desktop1.png

Niall

Level 2

Thanks for bearing with me.  On the Reports pallette I have two tabs, Bindings and Warnings.  I copied that from the warnings tab which looks different from your screen shot above.  I think it's b/c I'm running an earlier version maybe?

Level 10

Hi,

Can you share your form?

Niall

Level 2

Hey Niall,

Just wanted to see if you had a chance to take a glace at that document.  I've looked at it for 3 days and just can't seem to figure out how to make it work.  I'm not sure the software supports the ability to spilt one cell between two pages.  But not knowing is making me a little crazy.  Thanks.

Level 10

Hi,

I have had a look. I think you would be better off with flowed subforms instead of tables (given your layout). Buttons and dropdowns will not break over pages in a table, whereas in a subform they will stay at the top of their subform, while other elements break over the page.

Also I would lose a lot of the redundant pages.

Niall

Level 1

if you has another cell which is not allow page breaks(for example:text cell) in the same row,  That will lead to the problem。

in that case, you can use a subForm wrap the "text cell",and set the subForm to "allow page breaks...", that maybe solve this problem。