Skip navigation
chris_jzd
Currently Being Moderated

Can I remove an item only from the TOC?

Mar 20, 2012 12:43 PM

I'm creating a magazine that has multiple pages for each article. When you bring up the Adobe Content Viewer's built in Table of Contents (third button from the left, in the upper left corner) you see that there are multiple pages for this one article. What I'm looking to do is somehow make it so that in the Content Viewer's TOC, it only shows up once, even though in reality there are multiple pages. Anyone have a solution for this? I know that if I check "advertisement" it'll make the pages disappear from the TOC, but then that effects the analytics as well, which I don't want to happen. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 20, 2012 2:58 PM   in reply to chris_jzd

Hi Chris,

The TOC in Adobe Content Viewer displays one thumbnail with metadata per article. The article can have 1, 5 or 100 pages - yet there will be only ONE entry for that article in TOC. And if you mark the article as Ad it will not show in TOC.

On the other hand, in layout view (accessed with first button to the right) you will see all pages of your folio, including the ad pages.

You don't have any means to change this default behavior.

Tomek

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2012 3:22 PM   in reply to Tomek Kuczborski

We are currently breaking this behavior apart so that you will be able to control visibility in the TOC independent from the ad setting. Currently, as Tomasz says, using hte ad button is the only way to control visibility in the TOC.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 5:46 PM   in reply to Tomek Kuczborski

Hi Tomasz,

as you were saying "The article can have 1, 5 or 100 pages - yet there will be only ONE entry for that article in TOC". Does it mean that if I want the TOC to reflect my actual article TOC then I will need to split the article into multiple articles?

thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points