Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is Photoshop Touch compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note?

Dec 13, 2011 11:28 AM

Tags: #samsung #photoshop_touch #access_photos #galaxy_note

This is THE app I've been waiting for!

And first on Android - very chuffed, because I got my 1st Android phone days ago - the Galaxy Samsung Note - the size of which makes it super ideal for this kind of app!

However, it says on Android Market that Adobe Photoshop Touch is not compatible with this phone.

Can someone please confirm this? Or can Adobe let us know when it will be compatible?

Thanks !

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2011 4:51 AM   in reply to R_a_V_e_N

According to the FAQ:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-touch/faq.html

No. Photoshop Touch was designed to work on tablets only.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2011 3:47 AM   in reply to R_a_V_e_N

This is crazy Adobe!!!. I'm a graphic designer and I've got a Smasung Glaxy Note as well as a Smasung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet. I got the Note as it is not always great to carry the 10.1" tablet about with me and the 5.3" screen Note has a great screen for sketching on and editing photos.

Why does the Note not meet requirements?????

Its got Duel 1.4Ghz CPU and very fast GPU - Faster then my Galaxy 10.1 Tablet

Its got a 1280x800 resolution screen that meets required visual area for your Apps - Same as the 10.1"

It's got a Wacom digitizer built in so the UI and drawing wouldn't be a problem to use - Way better then using a Capacitive Fake Pen on the 10.1"

If you want us to start using your cloud services then please update you installer to be compatible with devices it can be used on.

Cheers.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2011 2:30 PM   in reply to cydex24

I agree, it would be great if it was compatible, one of the other requirements is a newer version of the Android OS, 3.1 or later. I was comparing data at these two locations:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-touch/tech-specs.html

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note/spec.html?type =find

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2011 2:30 AM   in reply to David__B

Thanks Dave,

Hopefully this means that when the Samsung Galaxy Note gets the free upgrade to Android OS 4.0 "Icecream sandwich" next year it may work.

Cheers.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to cydex24

Hi,

When will you develop this application for Ice Cream Sandwich on my Galaxy note ??

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to MOHMAROC

Hi MOHMAROC,

Photoshop Touch is compatible with ICS now? Does it still show as not being compatible? I don't have a Galaxy Note myself but saw one of the requirements was a supported version of the OS.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2012 12:57 PM   in reply to MOHMAROC

MOHMAROC wrote:

Hi,

When will you develop this application for Ice Cream Sandwich on my Galaxy note ??

Samsung has released Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy Note?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 16, 2012 1:17 PM   in reply to Slynch1234

No for april certainly

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 5:32 AM   in reply to Slynch1234

Yes, Ice Cream Sandwich will be released for Galaxy Note somewhere between April and June.

Then, Galaxy Note fills all the requirements for tablets except for the screen size. And that requirement comes across as rather ...beaurocratic.

Pretty please, Adobe, make Photoshop Touch compatible with Galaxy Note! It's like Photoshop Touch is the purpose of the phone. It would be a perfect match!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 7:17 AM   in reply to Mustapippuri

Mustapippuri wrote:

Yes, Ice Cream Sandwich will be released for Galaxy Note somewhere between April and June.

Then, Galaxy Note fills all the requirements for tablets except for the screen size. And that requirement comes across as rather ...beaurocratic.

Pretty please, Adobe, make Photoshop Touch compatible with Galaxy Note! It's like Photoshop Touch is the purpose of the phone. It would be a perfect match!

The Note meets the screen requirement, it however does not meet the android OS version requirement, which is 3.0 or greater. And given the screen requirement, it probably was easy to justify the OS requirement, allowing them access to the new APIs/features provided by android 3.0.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 3:32 PM   in reply to Slynch1234

Good evening mates!

ICS is out since some weeks now ... hope you got it right now   BUT !   Android Market tells for Photoshop Touch "Your phone is not compatible to this app" and denies the download ... as most people know: Photoshop Touch was compatible since Gingerbread 2.3.6 (as cracked version // saw it somewhere on YouTube.com) and is definitely compatible since ICS 4.0.

The problem is, that you only get Photoshop Touch for Galaxy Note only on two ways: 1. you could load a cracked APK from Photosho Touch, but as a man, having original Adobe Products and working productive (and paid) with that, this option is absolutly unacceptable for me. 2. you could root your phone, decreasing the density on <150 dpi and than download it as an tablet-app (heared about it, but sounds senseless for me ?! ).

So what the hell are Google and Adobe doing here? And asking you Dave: Is that a problem made by Adobe, because they do not allow licencing Photoshop Touch for Galaxy Note (because it's no tablet ...) or is that a f***ing Google-issue, because they are to mad for realising, that Galaxy Note now does have ICS 4.0.3 ???

Greetz

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2012 4:21 AM   in reply to David__B

Dave, good to have an employee on the forums, thanks for the info so far. Can you give the guys in the Android dev department and PR department a severe nudge (I'd prefer a harsher physical invasion of their personal space myself, but severe nudge will do for now) and ask them for us why the Galaxy Note isnt supported on all the Android Apps please? I'm a designer and website designer and Note owner and really would like to add my frustrations to the Adobe team as to why we can see freely hacked versions of PST in the wild but we're being told officially its not compatible - we're not that silly to fall for that one. What gives? Besides, we're loyal to officially licensed versions.

There are the other Cloud Android Apps like Proto, Collage, Kuler etc which I'd love to use on my Note too, but they arent supposedly compatible too! Why?

Surely with the talent at Adobe someone can sort this for millions of Note users (and there might actually be some profit in it for Adobe too!). The ever demanding public are crying out for this to be fixed. Be our hero Dave! Its your destiny!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 1:20 AM   in reply to zarrdave

FYI this video clearly shows it working on the Note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTTl8ILKsgE

If "hackers" can get it working, then surely with the skills at Adobe, they can get it working too.

Alternatively, Adobe could get a copy of the hacked version and try and find out what hackers did to get it working.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to zarrdave

Adobe doesn't need to check, what "hackers" do for running PS Touch von Galaxy Note ... it's an Adobe-made barrage, which locks up PS Touch. If you wanna have PS Touch you could root your Note, set the density / dpi on a higher or lower level (dunno, which one because never did it myself, but watched many tuts about doing it) and you can download PS Touch from the market as original app. It runs as it comes, you don't have to crack anything.

The problem on this mehtod is, that rooting your phone kills the warrenty, as far as I know. But if that's no prob for you, this method (seen on YouTube many times) works very well. Here you can see, that it's no problem of the Note or of PS Touch but only made by the lock made by Adobe, which barrages PS Touch for all devices under a defined density, so that it shall only work on tablets

If there is a Note-2 releasing next year, PS Touch might be running because of another density

So the whole problem is, that Adobe do not want to open PS Touch for SmartTabs and SmartPhones (maybe because there might be a higher value of issues, causing on most times lower capacity. But be honest: The Galaxy Note has better stats than most of the tablets! And the SIII is getting overpowered with its QuadCore, so that Photoshop run even better than on most PCs

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 1:03 AM   in reply to R_a_V_e_N

Hi all,

Just got a response from David__B at Adobe on a different thread regarding Galaxy Note users and Touch apps.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4547531

He suggested we add our vote for the idea at http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1873

Seems the developers need some support on this so spread the word and we might just get our wish.

Regards,

Dave.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to R_a_V_e_N

Google Nexus 7 - please add this device also to the supported Android devices list.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2012 2:20 AM   in reply to zarrdave

Please push the development ! I don't want to change to Note II only for Photoshop working ... please open it for Galaxy Note !  Now Galaxy Note have ICS 4.0.4 ... same as S III or the other new s-phones.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 2:46 PM   in reply to Florian Müller

The 1.4 update added additional device support, you might check whether it now shows as being compatible with Galaxy Note and Nexus devices. For more information about Photoshop Touch 1.4, see this blogpost.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 4:38 PM   in reply to David__B

Hi David,

I just checked it out: Photoshop Touch is still unavailable on GooglePlay-Store; it still tells me that my Galaxy Note GT-N7000 is not compatible.

But:

Amazon App Store allows to download Photoshop Touch on Galaxy Note GT-N7000 yet !!! I bought PS Touch in this moment    I AM SOOOOOO HAPPYY !!!!

Definitely creating a 1920x1080 px layer and brushing on it, is not that fast as it is on my Mac ... but that was not the point It really works fine, althought the display is a little bit small for that stuff

Biggest thanks for the Galaxy Note support   and hate on GooglePlay

If anyone from Germany has problems putting Amazon App Store to German, contact me. I was fighting against some issues for more than 1 and a half hour Oo

So good night everbody and tomorrow will be a wonderful photoshopping day

https://creative.adobe.com/share/b3100a8e-e314-4a5f-b9d5-8e1f0fe96428

PS: Just found some issues ... for example the preferences. If you clikc on preferences, there are some values to change (for example under "stylus"), but there is no text, what this value changes

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 10:12 PM   in reply to Florian Müller

the new release version of Photoshop Touch 1.4's UI doesn't show up correct. Everything is all overlapping and missing text... 1.3 was working perfectly fine, what did you do Adobe? Did you really have to cripple Note 1/2 devices?

Adobe, Photoshop Touch and Samsung Note & S-Pen is match made in heaven. If Nexus 7 is able to run Photoshop Touch, why can't Note 1/2 devices? Note 2 has far more superior specs. and only thing I can think of is display size... Is 5.5 vs 7 inches of display that much of big difference??? We don't think so!!

Please make this fantastic app available for Note 1/2 devices!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to David__B

Your blogpost link is broken. Anyway, please add *official* support for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in the next update for Photoshop Touch! I was able to manually install PS Touch 1.2 on my new GN2, and it works amazing (especially the S-pen!!), but even with the latest update PS Touch is currently not available on the Google Play Store for the GN2. I'd love to have the latest features without the broken UI that some are reporting on this device.

Seriously, the Galaxy Note line was practically made for an app like this!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 2:03 PM   in reply to bfavia

Please go here and vote! So adobe can make this possible for note device users.

http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1873

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 1:47 PM   in reply to David__B

hey David_B, i was curious... how many votes do we need to get adobe to make PS Touch available for Galaxy Note 1 & 2?

So far 24 votes, it doesn't sound like much but many many many customers wants this on our devices....

http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1873

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to Zen0s

There are enough wanting but now knowing about that vote

Btw. that's not the discussion any longer. It is compatible and loadable as is said, Amazon delivers it for Galaxy Note (1) with Android 4.0.4. Only some issues mar the happiness

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 4:27 AM   in reply to Florian Müller

I was hoping to download PS Touch from the Amazon Appstore, but then so disappointed again when I saw it's not available in Australia...

Would love to get PS Touch on my Note 2... v1.4.1 still not compatible with Note 2 according to the Play Store. Patiently waiting...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2013 8:23 PM   in reply to R_a_V_e_N

The Samsung Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note II are now compatable with Photoshop Touch for phone. Please see this post: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1156345

Best,

Julia

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points