Skip navigation
Mr. Handley
Currently Being Moderated

When a make a group, or make a group a symbol FW adds 1 pixel?

Mar 23, 2012 7:09 AM

I am working with 11.0.1.7 on my trusty but dusty win XP... 

I have noticed that when I group several vector objects together, or make several into a symbol, 1 pixel gets added...

Surely this is bug, as it is throwing off my pixel perfect design.

Anyway to stop this from happening?

Its gonna be tedious to have to avoid groups and symbols.

Thanks,

Doug

who still thinks Jim's FW book is the bomb!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to Mr. Handley

I can't seem to replicate the bug on FW8 for Mac. Do you have a sample for this?

Also, can you see the pixel, or is it just a number in the Properties Inspector? And do you think that the proportion is being distorted at all?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2012 10:54 AM   in reply to Mr. Handley

Do you have the Transform panel? It's a nice extension to have when you're concerned about pixel alignment because it shows sub-pixel increments whereas the Properties Inspector tends to round up or down to whole pixels.

http://www.senocular.com/fireworks/extensions/?entry=572

You might also want to look at what options you have selected in the View menu—to see whether any snapping features are activated (e.g., Snap to Grid, Snap to Guides).

So it sounds like more of a problem with Symbols, rather than Groups? A screenshot would be helpful. While I'm not aware of it being an issue, I can imagine this happening more with a Symbol—since it exists as a separate, self-contained "document within a document". I could imagine there being a glitch in translation between the two files.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 7:06 AM   in reply to Mr. Handley

Hey, I get this too occasionally, found that it was sometimes linked to a text box being one pixel longer than I thought.... might be the same for you?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points