Skip navigation
D-Skel
Currently Being Moderated

How to alter text after Calendar Wizard script creates a calendar

Mar 23, 2012 5:38 PM

Tags: #text #indesign #wizard #calendar

I mainly work with Photoshop, so I'm new to the InDesign world.  I set my options for the Calendar Wizard script, it goes through the motions, makes the calendar, and then shows my finished product.  The problem is that it lists the year next to each month:  May 2012, June 2012, etc., and I need to remove "2012" from all of them.  I know the font styles will update the entire calendar when they are applied, so I hope this works in a similar way.  I'm guessing this is a very simple task if you're familiar with the program, haha! 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 23, 2012 11:32 PM   in reply to D-Skel

It sounds more like you are asking how to remove 2012 from several pages, rather than how to edit the script to not put 2012 in to begin with. If I'm wrong about that, you might want to ask over at the scripting forum.

One easy way to remove 2012 is to use Find/Change. If you search for 2012 and leave the change field blank, it will replace 2012 with nothing. In the Find/Change window, there is a field that will let you search from the cursor location to the end of the current story, the whole story, all stories in the document, or all open documents. If you set it to Document, you can use the find button to find the first instance, and if you want to delete it, you can hit either Change, Change/Find (which will change it and look for the next instance), or Change All. I'd use Change/Find, in the event you have 2012 on another part of the calendar that you want to keep. You can also have it look for the text only when it has a particular paragraph or character style, and change to the same or a different paragraph or character style. To do that, click in the Find Format and Change Format boxes. To clear them out, hit the little trash can icon next to the field.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points