Skip navigation
jfloyd66
Currently Being Moderated

Scanner Connection Issue

Jan 16, 2012 7:04 PM

Tags: #acrobat #network #twain #scanning #communication

I have a new issue that started aroundthe time of the 10.1.1 update.

Config

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Kodak OfficeHero 6.1

Acrobat X was working just fine at one time.

About the time the 10.1.1 update was installed, I am no longer able to scan from the create -> from scanner menu. I get an error message that acrobat could not communicate with the scanner. The OfficeHero is connected over a network. All other programs can scan just fine including Paint, and the native Kodak home center software.

I have done all the uninstall and re-install options.

I even tried the config of a different computer that is working. Above 9.5 works on that comptuer just fine so I uninstalled x and installed 9.5 same error message. So there is something on this one computer that is a problem.

Kodak tech support says that it looks like Acrobat cant access the twain drivers.

Adobe support said it was a network permissions issue (even though other programs scan just fine.)

Any other ideas out there?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2012 10:40 PM   in reply to jfloyd66

Since, this is regarding Adobe Acrobat, please post this in the Adobe Acrobat forum to get better responses.

Anyhow, could you let me know if this issue is happening only on one system or across all systems with Acrobat 10.1.1?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 24, 2012 2:26 PM   in reply to jfloyd66

I have had the exact same problems after some recent Acrobat X upgrades. I have done as you; reinstalled the scanner driver and also the Acrobat X software.

Still getting the same results

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points