Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Shared folios updates, notification ?

Mar 23, 2012 7:09 PM

Tags: #dps #updates #shared

Since DPS allows to create folios including content from other user's folios, i found this to be a great opportunity to make collaborative work.

Imagine Designer1 doing 4 stacks of the magazine, designer2 doing other stacks and designer3 does the rest.

Everybody can add content to the other's stacks.

But one could also build it's folio from scratch and import D1, D2 and D3's content.

Except it's not really practical : I have to do this in the web folio producer, select each folio, one by one.

And worse, if D1 updates it's folio, what i imported doesn't update, since it's not a link, rather a static copy.

And to "update" that part, i have to add it again, and remove the former version (since i can't have 2 folios named the same way)

Would there be a way that i can import and keep up to date imported folios from others ?

Did i miss something there ?

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,640 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 24, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to Franck Payen

If you share the folio with another user, that user can add and update articles. You can also use Copy To to bring articles into a folio. But only the user with access to the source files can edit and update articles.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 25, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to Franck Payen

I’ve found the easiest way around this is to put everything in a dropbox folder and work from that. True, only one person can do the updates but at least everything is in the same place.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points