• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

nVidia GTX 680 now at Newegg

Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.newegg.com/GTX680/?nm_mc=EMCCP-032212-NV&cm_mmc=EMCCP-032212-NV-_-GeForceGTX680-_-banner-...

Coupon code good until end of March or when supply is exhausted... good for free shipping EMCNGHJ22 (at checkout)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got my coupon in the email at 9.:03 PM EST and guess what they are completely sold out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the EVGA and MSI cards are still available.

$500 is pricey, though.  I am curious how much better it would be than a $200 card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When EVGA opened their office this morning it took only 6 minutes for them to sell out, unfortunately I did not make the cutoff there or Newegg which sold all their stock yesterday before it was even official

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone really desperate for a 680?  Visit eBay for the scalpers prices.  Basic 680 runs from $600 to $800 dollars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3x the 580 Cuda Cores!  Please buy one Bill and test it in your 980x rig at:

http://ppbm5.com/Benchmark5.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling Bill knows where the site is 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.dunnet.nl/ProductDetails.aspx?en=80005746

Shop says delivery in 24 hours and in stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luc,

Dunnet does not have any stock. Are you aware of the very dubious reputation they have, with more than five bankruptcies and all the changing adresses in the past years? I would not do any business with them. IMO they rank amongst the most criminal and untrustworthy outlets in this market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the 680 will support 3 monitors simultaneously.  I read this in a couple of places.  Didn't check the Nvidia site though for confirmation.

Gamer's overkill on steroids:

http://www.slashgear.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-680-benchmarked-in-quad-sli-23219787/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look forward to hearing how it affects / enhances performance with PrP/AE. And as compared to Quadro 4000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the older 5xx series already killed the quadro 4000 not even a question if but by how much more than the 5xx series.

Scott

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears on the Nvidia site that this card will support 4 monitors running simultaneously:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-680/features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 + GTX 680 + 4 monitors + upcoming Ivy Bridge sounds promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was lucky enough to grab one before they sold out.  Since I was originally going to purchase the 580, is the main difference (in terms of post production) between  the two just 3x CUDA power??  In regards to AE this would help tremendously right?? But if anyone would have the time time explain any advantages in Premiiere, I would appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically yes more cuda cores better MPE (also 2GB ram)

However the link I posted suggests it may not be..

I am not lucky enough to have one yet to test with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott - I am not lucky enough to have one yet to test with

Well, you need to do something about that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well miracle of miracles I just ordered one direct from EVGA and if they get it out tonight yet I should have it Monday.  Lets hope it beats Scott's findings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats Bill!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2012 Mar 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plenty for Sale here in the UK,

Rumours say EVGA are bringing out a 4gb Version.

Well I have ordered one, cant wait to Test the Beast.

Baz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2012 Mar 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if the GTX 690 with a single GPU, based on the GK110 and possibly a 384 bit memory bus, would not be much more interesting than this mid-range 680, that is offered for a whopping € 500. The 690 is not a dual GPU design like the 590, but the upgrade from the GK104. Let's not kid ourselves, the 680 is only a mid-level card and more alike the 560 than the 580.

I hope the fuzziness will disappear shortly and we will get some tangible results. For me, I will wait with a decision about a new video card, till the offerings are a lot clearer. I mean, a mid-level card for € 500 loses its attractiveness when you can have a performance level card for € 550.

I look forward to seeing the results from people like Bill, who do not hesitate to shell out large amounts to get the latest and supposedly greatest, even though only mid-level video cards. Time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2012 Mar 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want an extensive article on the new NVidia line I suggest reading this BSN article.  It has made me a little more optimistic about the GTX 680 but next week sometime we will know for sure when I get mine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harm,

I was told the GTX 690 is a dual gpu card, not a single.  This info has been out for quite some time, so I'm a bit confused about you saying it is a single gpu card.

This article posted just a few days ago talks a bit about the upcoming card....

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-dual-chip-geforce-gtx-690-gpu-exposed/

quote:

The card is definitely based on two GK104 chips (the same chip was used on the GeForce GTX 680) holding 3072 Cuda Cores (1536 from each core), 256 TMUs, 64 ROPs. It holds 4 Memory chips on either sides of the PCB which equals a memory interface of 256-bit for each core. This means we would see a 4GB VRam on the board.

It is powered by two Eight Pin connector which suggests that the TDP would be somewhere around 300W. Each core has its own 5 Phase VRM.

The card has a single SLI gold finger which means two of the same GPU’s can be coupled together. The GPU is expected to launch in May 2012. Price is gonna be set around $799 US.

end of quote.

Dave.

Harm Millaard wrote:

Just wondering if the GTX 690 with a single GPU, based on the GK110 and possibly a 384 bit memory bus, would not be much more interesting than this mid-range 680, that is offered for a whopping € 500. The 690 is not a dual GPU design like the 590, but the upgrade from the GK104. Let's not kid ourselves, the 680 is only a mid-level card and more alike the 560 than the 580.

I hope the fuzziness will disappear shortly and we will get some tangible results. For me, I will wait with a decision about a new video card, till the offerings are a lot clearer. I mean, a mid-level card for € 500 loses its attractiveness when you can have a performance level card for € 550.

I look forward to seeing the results from people like Bill, who do not hesitate to shell out large amounts to get the latest and supposedly greatest, even though only mid-level video cards. Time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Studio North,

you said you ordered one, what exactly did you order ? ... a 2 gb model ? or a 4 gb model ?  your post is a bit confusing.  I haven't seen

anything about a 4gb out yet, but if that's the case, it's worth the wait to wait I'm guessing.  Will you be using  this on a new motherboard that

supports the 2011 chip ? ( i7 ) ? and PCI-3 for the card to pull full potential from it ?

I am wondering if going with a 680 is worth it, if I pop it into an older board, somehow I rather doubt it, that new card is pci-3 and my board is pci-2 so

there is a big bottleneck there.  Probabally not worth it, and perhaps I'll go with the GTX-580, a saleman told me prices may drop as much as $200 on the

card.

P.S. I bought my GTX-470 about 2 years ago, - cost me $400 at the time, I saw this card for $129 a few weeks ago on a local vendor's site, however when I asked aobut it, they had not had any in stock, and the guy told me they have been discontinued for a LONG time.

However this shows you just how much a card can drop in price, and just how quickly when a new card comes out.

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines