Skip navigation
FREDI REQUEIL
Currently Being Moderated

Need help for saving re edited values in SWF INVESTIGATOR

Mar 25, 2012 5:43 AM

Tags: #help #swf #investigator

Hi,

I recently Downloaded this app,

I read help but I need more information about how the app works.

first of all ,In as3 navigator and  SWF disassembler After I edited some value and saving those as SWF , they will gone and seems nothing was edited and all Orginal value is appears !

How can I save ?

Second, Can someone explain how Inspector works ?

I just can Change value in HEX EDITOR and save as new swf.

REGARDS

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2012 8:12 PM   in reply to FREDI REQUEIL

The SWF Disassembler tab and AS3 Navigator tab are currently only for viewing the SWF content. Any changes made in those tabs will not affect the original SWF.  Changes made in the Hex Editor can be saved into a new SWF. Keep in mind that the SWF file format maintains length records for the overall SWF and for the individual tags. Therefore, if you insert or delete any new bytes from the SWF, then the respective length values will also need to be adjusted.

The Inspector tab will have slightly different behavior depending on whether the SWF is local or remote and whether the SWF is AS2 or AS3.  With remote AS2 content, you can currently only view the values for existing variables in the SWF as it is running.  For AS3 content, you can call functions and assign variables as the SWF is running. This requires you to already know the names of the variables or functions that you want to interact with.  It is a three step process for AS3 content:

Step 1. Provide the function or variable name that you want to interact with (e.g. myTextField.text)

Step 2. Provide the parameters that will be supplied to the variable or function. If you are planning to assign the variable, then you would provide the new value along with it's data type (string, int, uint, etc.) and click "Add Parameter".  If you plan to call a function, then you would provide the parameters for that function. For multiple parameters, you can specify each parameter one at a time. They will be shown in the data grid above the text entry box.

Step 3. Choose the action that you wish to perform (assign a variable, call a function, or retrieve the value for the variable).  Then click "Execute".  This will perform the action using the information from steps 1 and 2.

In some cases, the Inspector will incur a stage conflict between the AIR app and the target SWF when working with local content. I have not resolved that issue yet.

I plan to make a video that will demonstrate SWF Investigator functionality within the next few weeks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 6:34 PM   in reply to FREDI REQUEIL

The Inspector tab can alter the values of variables as the application is running but it will not change the original SWF file. Overall, SWF Investigator is not designed to be an authoring tool. The Hex Editor is the only tab that can alter the bytes of the SWF.

The FlashVars box can be used with either local or remote content. If your SWF needs FlashVars in order to run, then you can supply them in the text field using the 'a=b&c=d' format.  When you click the Update button, the SWF will be reloaded using the new FlashVar values.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2012 12:33 AM   in reply to FREDI REQUEIL

If you use SWF Investigator to load a remote SWF using File->Open URL, then you can use File->Save SWF to save a local copy.  The "Save SWF" functionality will currently only save the original copy of the SWF to the local file system. In the Hex Editor, you will save whatever is shown in the Hex Editor view (which may or may not have edits).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points