Skip navigation
SteveStevensSSA
Currently Being Moderated

Authorization is required for this network service

Mar 26, 2012 8:19 AM

I am trying to set up Shared Reviews with Acrobat 9.5 using an internal server running IIS 7.0 and Windows Server 2008 SP1.  I have users that will be accessing the reviews from within our domain and users that will be accessing reviews from other domains.  What is the proper Authentication method to use? What are the proper folder sharing and security setup?

When initiating a shared review, I can get to the dialog box where I enter email addresses.  After I click Send, I am unable to get passed the Remote Service Authentication dialog. The RSA dialog appears three times. I enter my username and password three times. The last time a dialog appears. Part of the message on it says, "Status:  The shared folder location you provided is not setup correctly to store comments for this shared review. The problem is:  Authorization is required for this network service."

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 27, 2012 7:15 AM   in reply to SteveStevensSSA

Are you using a network folder or a web server folder? Do all participants have r/w access to this location? Are you able to successfully run the other Shared Review Review distribution options (i.e., email and Acrobat.com)?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 9:46 AM   in reply to SteveStevensSSA

Is anyone else able to initiate a Shared Review to this location?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2012 3:07 PM   in reply to SteveStevensSSA

Try using a network sniffer application or proxy application (Charles, Wireshark, or some other application) to grab the network traffic (HTTP, TCP/IP, SOAP, and others). Look for errors like HTTP 404, 405, or 407 in the HTTP.  Look for authentication error denied due to bad password or other errors.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to SteveStevensSSA

That is a good question.  I know that in the past Windows Digest Authentication did not work but I believe that in version 9.x or 10.x that was implemented.  Are you including the domain name and username in the logon?

Example:

domainName\username

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to SteveStevensSSA

I wonder if you cached your password at some point?

Export this registry key as a backup and then try deleting it.

\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\AdobeSynchronizer\[VersionNumber]\C redentials

If it works after deleting then at some point you saved you password.

If not you can always add it back from the exported key that you made.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 7:30 AM   in reply to SteveStevensSSA

Can you try changing the password of your user account at the server and then try initiating the shared review from Acrobat? Also, please ensure you enter the correct password the first time Acrobat prompts you for the password. You might need to kill AdobeCollabSync.exe from task manager before you do this.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2012 12:05 AM   in reply to SteveStevensSSA

Did you try killing the process AdobeCollabSync.exe before launching Acrobat and proceeding with the workflow?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2014 1:08 PM   in reply to SteveStevensSSA

were you to figure this out? I configured a webdav for the adobe comments, but I get the same message.

Thank you!!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points